Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

flamenco metronome for ipad + offer for foro members   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Resources >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

gshaviv

flamenco metronome for ipad + offer ... 

Guys,

Just released an iPad version of my flamenco metronome. Thanks to the bigger screen of the iPad, I redesigned the interface and it's become more like a general beat machine. You can easily program rhythms and export to sound files.

Take a look here.

Special offer to foro members: If you have an iPad and have a US iTunes account, PM me, I will send you promotion code to get a free copy. You need a US iTunes account to use the promotion code, sorry, that's Apple's restrictions. I only have a limited supply of code, offer's good while supply lasts...

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2010 4:43:05

kozz

RE: flamenco metronome for ipad + of... (in reply to gshaviv

Hee Guy,
I am very curious. Saw some pictures of it, but can you make a video how it works.
Are the samples now also upgraded in quality because of the bigger memory of the iPad.

Unfortunately I dont have an iPad yet, will wait untill more versions will be availble. Althought its a perfect gadget tool.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 3 2010 9:32:51

gshaviv

RE: flamenco metronome for ipad + of... (in reply to kozz

Kozz,

It's almost a different app, it's more like a general purpose step sequencer now due to all the possibilities on the ipad.

The big screen of the ipad enables editing/creating of patterns in an easier fashion. You are now presented with a timeline interface and can drag beats on to the timeline with your fingers, like a step sequencer with a cool interface.

The sound quality is improved, I'm using a different method for generating the sounds, which I can use in iOS 4 to play in the background, it's also more timing accurate, not that there was an issue with the accuracy of the iphone app, but I'm now down to sample accuracy, meaning 22 nano second accuracy, it was about 1 mili-second accuracy before. The sound volume is louder, not just because the ipad has a bigger speaker, I managed to squeeze more using the new sound generation method.

I have a new version of it which was submitted to Apple yesterday, meaning it should go live in about a week. The new version has more accurate BPM control, which was an issue with the iphone version, the slider UI element isn't good for this, I designed a roller wheel for this. The number of samples has increased, there are now over 250 percussion samples. You can also export to an audio file (e.g. WAV), you can hear here two files that were created on the app, the 2nd one is actually a buleria created by at_leo_87 (Anthony) on the iphone app, but exported to mp3 using the ipad app.

I will try to post a video at some point... I'm working now on rolling in some of the improvements in the ipad app to the iphone app, namely the better tempo control and louder volume.

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 3 2010 13:36:24

at_leo_87

quote:

I'm working now on rolling in some of the improvements in the ipad app to the iphone app, namely the better tempo control and louder volume.

alright! i look forward for the new tempo control. the volume was never an issue for me. i mean, who bothers using the built in speakers to listen to anything on their ipod?

the timing is spot on as it is. so if you can improve it, that's amazing.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 3 2010 14:35:13

gshaviv

RE: flamenco metronome for ipad + of... (in reply to at_leo_87

quote:

alright! i look forward for the new tempo control. the volume was never an issue for me. i mean, who bothers using the built in speakers to listen to anything on their ipod?

Yes, even with the new volume you would still need external speakers. The iphone/ipod speaker just isn't loud enough to overcome the guitar. Even with the ipad you need external speakers, and the ipad speaker is way louder than the iphone, but still not enough. Heck, my mac speakers aren't loud enough and I need to use external speakers with it as well.

quote:

the timing is spot on as it is. so if you can improve it, that's amazing.

It's currently accurate to within 1 milisecond, which means you can't spot any inaccuracy, it's too small for our senses. The new method more than it is more accurate, it's more robust. So it continues to be accurate even if you receive a phone call, skype call, or web browse while playing, something that can be done now with iOS 4...

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 4 2010 7:29:51

kozz

Thanks Guy,
looks promising, you are adding a lot of good features.
The use of a normal step sequencer is a big improvement.

How are you thinking about boosting the volume? (first a multiband compressor and then a limiter?)
I used the iPhone app with some cheap external portable speakers and if it can be just a bit louder it would be perfect.
(The OH metronome at low level is even hard )

Is the app available in Europe also? A friend of mine has an iPad and I like to try it out.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 4 2010 9:45:55

gshaviv

RE: flamenco metronome for ipad + of... (in reply to kozz

quote:

Thanks Guy,
looks promising, you are adding a lot of good features.
The use of a normal step sequencer is a big improvement.

I don't think I'll port the interface to the iPhone. Don't see how to manage it on the small screen. I do have some other ideas for innovative interfaces though which I may try.

quote:

How are you thinking about boosting the volume? (first a multiband compressor and then a limiter?)
I used the iPhone app with some cheap external portable speakers and if it can be just a bit louder it would be perfect.
(The OH metronome at low level is even hard )

You got it. The new audio generation method I'm using let's me add sound filters, effects, post processing. So that's exactly what I did. Also, due to the way the audio is generated in the current app I couldn't normalize the samples to zero db. .

quote:

Is the app available in Europe also?

yep.

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 4 2010 21:38:07

kozz

quote:

I don't think I'll port the interface to the iPhone. Don't see how to manage it on the small screen. I do have some other ideas for innovative interfaces though which I may try.

It is indeed a small screen to get creative with.
I use another app, Beatmaker, its also a step sequencer but the screen is just to small.

quote:

You got it. The new audio generation method I'm using let's me add sound filters, effects, post processing. So that's exactly what I did. Also, due to the way the audio is generated in the current app I couldn't normalize the samples to zero db. .

Great!
By the way, don't normalize your samples to 0dB, -1dB is perfect and leaves you some headroom.

Does the iPad come with the application?
I need to get one, I see so many creative apps and how to use it as a controller etc. I suppose you have one?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Sep. 4 2010 22:15:55

cocochen

It's currently accurate to within 1 milisecond, which means you can't spot any inaccuracy, it's too small for our senses. The new method more than it is more accurate, it's more robust. So it continues to be accurate even if you receive a phone call, skype call, or web browse while playing, something that can be done now with iOS 4...

________
ipad 2 smart cover
iPad2case
leather ipad 2 covers
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 12 2011 7:33:20

Pejuang

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Apr. 3 2011 8:43:41
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 3 2011 8:38:47

Pejuang

RE: flamenco metronome for ipad + of... (in reply to cocochen

Thanks cocochen for your Information..... I need this.

Ipad 2 Case and Ipad 2 Cases
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 3 2011 8:44:20

kozz

Just boughtbthe app Guy...still playing with it.
It runs more stable, very nice.
Would it be possible to fit the 12 bars onto the screen instead of scrolling?

Still the volume is low imo...I've tried other apps with bigger volume.
What did you do for sound enhancement? Maybe i've got some ideas!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 19 2011 20:03:58

tracker001

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Aug. 16 2011 21:26:48
Reason for deletion: Spam
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 20 2011 7:34:52
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Resources >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages