Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Tomatito guitars   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

rombsix

Tomatito guitars 

http://www.flamenco-world.com/shop08/guitarras_tomatito/indice.htm

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 3:52:54

KMMI77

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to rombsix

First the PDL models now Tomatito,

They don't miss a marketing chance do they. How does this work?

When a batch comes out of the oven, Tomatito comes over with his pen and gets a few bucks?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 6:41:19

BarkellWH

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to KMMI77

quote:

First the PDL models now Tomatito,

They don't miss a marketing chance do they. How does this work?

When a batch comes out of the oven, Tomatito comes over with his pen and gets a few bucks?

I cannot speak for the Tomatito model, but in 2007 I had Vicente Carrillo make a flamenca negra PDL model to my specifications, including Madagascar Rosewood back and sides. He sent it to me in perfect condition, with a great sound, and the sound is even better today. Of course, an endorsement by PDL or Tomatito does not make a guitar any better than it would be without the endorsement, but it does not detract from it either. It may add a few dollars to the cost, but Vicente Carrillo makes a very good flamenco guitar indeed, and if it has the signature of Paco de Lucia or Tomatito, so what? One might as well consider luthier strings to "come out of an oven" because Tomatito endorses them, with a photograph on the package as well.

Cheers,

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 11:24:19

KMMI77

I agree with everything you say bill,

I just object to misleading advertising. Sure, there will be some great Vicente Carillo guitars in amongst the "signed guitars" but as soon as one lower quality guitar is signed by PDL or Tomatito, the whole product loses credibility IMO. Unfortunately i have heard some average sounding guitars signed by PDL.

This is why i feel it's nothing more than misleading advertising and i feel sorry for guitar students who get caught out.

Just my thoughts, Nothing against Vicente carillos guitars.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 12:36:25

Arash

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to KMMI77

quote:

ORIGINAL: KMMI77
I just object to misleading advertising.

we are bombarded with misleading advertising 24 hours a day.

i mean, i had a fiat car and 1000s of problems on a weekly basis with this car , and then you see this

i have a factory guitar from japan which i bought for 250 euros.
i won't exchange it with a 2000 euro Vicente Carillo or any other guitar which price might be much higher.

it's all up to you as customer to use your own judgement and senses and what you want and how much you let yourself to be influenced.

when i go to supermarket, i always buy from a brand which is called JA! (germans know it). the content is exactly the same sh!t in brands with much higher price , except those other brands have very fancy and nice package and lots of ads in TV. YOU pay them the package and their ads. no one else.
and in many cases, those expensive brands quality is total crap and even dangerous and not healthy at all.

anyway., if i were tomatito or paco, i would do exactly the same to make some extra bucks (in this system)

and if you are a beginner, you consult someone who knows about guitars.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 14:15:43

Mike_Kinny

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arash
i mean, i had a fiat car and 1000s of problems on a weekly basis with this car

1000s? on a weekly basis?

quote:

i won't exchange it with a 2000 euro Vicente Carillo or any other guitar which price might be much higher.

Yeah right.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 14:29:49

Doitsujin

I once had a Paco guitar. And it was really crap. I will never touch a vicente carillo guitar again.

Tomatito plays Reyes and Conde. Never saw him playing another guitar of his collection. And Paco plays Conde. (Only in very rare cases he was spotted with a different model and immediatly this was used for big comercials.)

Don´t trust the name on the label. I would only if the signature would say (God, cheers).
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 14:34:36

Arash

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to Mike_Kinny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike_Kinny
1000s? on a weekly basis?

more or less

quote:

Yeah right.

maybe a Conde

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 14:46:47

BarkellWH

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

I once had a Paco guitar. And it was really crap. I will never touch a vicente carillo guitar again.

Tomatito plays Reyes and Conde. Never saw him playing another guitar of his collection. And Paco plays Conde. (Only in very rare cases he was spotted with a different model and immediatly this was used for big comercials.)

Don´t trust the name on the label. I would only if the signature would say (God, cheers).

I agree that one should not trust the name on a label. I can only vouch for the PDL 1a model that Vicente Carrillo made to my specifications. That PDL signed it is irrelevant. It a great guitar with superb playability and a fine sound. By the way, Conde's are not, and for some time haven't been, what they once were. Conde quality varies greatly, all over the map. In my opinion, Conde has gone the way of Ramirez, living on its past reputation.

Cheers,

Bill

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 14:48:29

Doitsujin

Yes, there must be some good Vicente Carillo guitars. Nino Josele got one from Paco and it seem to be good. (But I like his old blanca more). And Pedro Sierra plays a Paco guitar.. so.. as for may makers.. There are good ones and bad ones.

We end up in.. Put your hands on the guitar you consider to buy, or don´t buy. And be open minded to all makers. There are jewels hidden..you just have to search enough to find one. I saw great guitars of (at least for me) unknown labels...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 17:41:11

XXX

quote:

Is it Takeshi's guitar?

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 17:48:26

Mike_Kinny

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to XXX

quote:

Is it Takeshi's guitar?

Maybe it's Esteban's personal guitar with the added value of his signature on it.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 17:58:34

Ron.M

quote:

i had a fiat car

Yeah...I did too...

Up until 2 days ago....now I have no car at all... it's in the garage and they can't pinpoint the engine problem.
Could be this..could be that...could be anything...

Could be Injectors...hard to say since it's intermittent...

Could try replacing various parts at £100 a pop, but no guarantee of results and parts are not returnable, but just get added onto the bill.

Could even be the ECU itself...in which case I need a new ECU + Code Box + Ignition Key Barrel + Set of Door Locks+ new Programmed Keys...since it's all computer controlled and coded to immobilize the engine if not all correct.

Christ!!! IT'S ONLY a F*CKING SHOPPING CAR FOR F*'S SAKE.. F*CKING PUNTO CRAP !

Who would want to EVEN STEAL IT!!

I had a Leyland Mini 850 many moons ago and basically the problem was one of 3 things.

Fuel, Air, Spark.

You could fix the thing yourself...

It worked fine, didn't need any computers and got to the shops and back plus many long distance trips no problem.

I'm gonna buy a F'ing pedal bike....I've had it with this..

Roll on Death...

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 18:37:53

Ron.M

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to Ron.M

Just as an afterthought...(to cheer everyone up! )

A guy put in a 46" LCD TV with me today to have a look at.

It's just over 2 years old, cost £750 and has an intermittent problem of the picture going all hazy and funny.

He was pretty upbeat about it, saying that he reckoned the problem was pretty simple and straightforward, like a loose wire or connection, since the fault would clear for a few minutes if you moved the set slightly.

I'll have to phone him tomorrow to tell him that he was 100% correct in his assumption that it was an intermittent connection.

However, the intermittent connection is with one of the COG (Chip On Glass) components within the LCD screen assembly itself......so the set is basically NOT REPAIRABLE, as it will need a new LCD Panel at around £500 + fitting charges.

Brave New World indeed..

Stroll On!

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 20:06:05

XXX

I was just going to write a post upon your Fiat post that today at work i heard two guys talking about how easy it was to repair broken TVs (the lamps of it) back in the days and that these repairs would be impossible to do with the new TVs. And you just wrote the SAME THING on the second post!

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 20:15:31

Ron.M

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to XXX

quote:

I was just going to write a post upon your Fiat post that today at work i heard two guys talking about how easy it was to repair broken TVs (the lamps of it) back in the days and that these repairs would be impossible to do with the new TVs. And you just wrote the SAME THING on the second post!

Deniz,

That's just because I am an email pen-pal of Pulpo Paulo...

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 20:21:37

Doitsujin

quote:

i had a fiat car

This guy has a flat trailor! Must see!

The laugh of his buddy is the best ! ^^

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 20:46:38

rombsix

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

The laugh of his buddy is the best ! ^^

Hahahahahaha ROFL! I'm actually in tears, here.

Ramzi

http://www.youtube.com/rombsix
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 21:01:37

RTC

I tought Paco had switched to one of the guitars from Prof! and I think I heard he got it for a quarter.

Not as funny as the poor guy with the trailer, but at the end it was the same a real bad experience.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 29 2010 23:15:16

[Deleted] (in reply to rombsix

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 30 2010 2:23:59

Pgh_flamenco

quote:

Up until 2 days ago....now I have no car at all... it's in the garage and they can't pinpoint the engine problem.
Could be this..could be that...could be anything...

Could be Injectors...hard to say since it's intermittent...

Could try replacing various parts at £100 a pop, but no guarantee of results and parts are not returnable, but just get added onto the bill.

Could even be the ECU itself...in which case I need a new ECU + Code Box + Ignition Key Barrel + Set of Door Locks+ new Programmed Keys...since it's all computer controlled and coded to immobilize the engine if not all correct.

Christ!!! IT'S ONLY a F*CKING SHOPPING CAR FOR F*'S SAKE.. F*CKING PUNTO CRAP !

Who would want to EVEN STEAL IT!!

I had a Leyland Mini 850 many moons ago and basically the problem was one of 3 things.

Fuel, Air, Spark.

You could fix the thing yourself...

It worked fine, didn't need any computers and got to the shops and back plus many long distance trips no problem.

Fiats have a bad rep in the US. My father had one in the late 70's until one of the wheels popped off while he was driving it.

It's bad enough that a car is unreliable, but it's far worse to have to deal with a poorly designed part. Hopefully they can figure out what's wrong with it and make the repair. Modern, computer equipped cars are usually more reliable than most of the older carbureted designs.

About these Tomatito guitars: I think everyone knows the whole thing is a marketing gimmick.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 30 2010 2:58:29

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron.M

F*CKING PUNTO CRAP !

yes, that was my fiat model too. punto. and at that time, punto was "car of the year".
i bought it used for 4000 euros. then i invested another 2500 euros during the 2 years i had it, for repair and the problems.

since then , i only had german cars and not a single problem.

Doit lol i saw that vid a while back

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 30 2010 8:57:03

por medio

F ix
I t
A gain
T ony.

Fiat, truly the worst car ever.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 30 2010 10:35:28

Ron.M

quote:

since then , i only had german cars and not a single problem.

I was talking to an old retired guy who told me that he only buys Skoda (a car that a young guy wouldn't want to be found dead in), but he trades it in every 3 years to the Skoda Dealer for a new one once the guarantee runs out.

He says the maintenance costs are zero and the purchase price low.

Another guy said the same of Kia.

Cheapo shopping cars for the near-dead on a budget...

cheers,

Ron

PS: Just goes to show how a good guitar is one of the best value items you will ever own in your life!
Will bring you pleasure... AND...will retain it's original price in REAL terms over the years...unlike all this consumer crap...
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 30 2010 18:20:11

henrym3483

quote:

PS: Just goes to show how a good guitar is one of the best value items you will ever own in your life!
Will bring you pleasure... AND...will retain it's original price in REAL terms over the years...unlike all this consumer crap...

or go up in value, im considering getting a negra in the future. id like to buy a good conde or bellido guitar but its gonna cost mega bucks
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 30 2010 20:00:30

Ailsa

quote:

Just goes to show how a good guitar is one of the best value items you will ever own in your life!

It's true. When I think of the hours I spend with my guitar, the price per hour is absolutely minimal

http://www.flamencojourney.com
http://www.myspace.com/flamencojourney
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 30 2010 22:21:34

stratos13

quote:

Seriously now, there are amazing guitars today at 700-1500euros, that you can throw any yamaha type of guitar out of the window with not much thought.
The competition is very high. I have a friend who sells a Pedro de Miguel primera for 700-800euros, don;t remember, and cannot find a buyer!!! Play one note on this guitar, and then play again your guitar
You will remember me
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 31 2010 17:06:03

akatune

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Jan. 13 2013 16:56:38
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 31 2010 19:10:38

Arash

RE: Tomatito guitars (in reply to stratos13

Just to avoid misunderstandings.
Meanwhile I have 5 Guitars and this factory guitar is just one of them

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 1 2010 10:13:37
Page:   [1]