Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Ethical conundrum   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

KMMI77

RE: Ethical conundrum (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

It applies to forces not human actions

Human actions constantly interact with forces on many levels. Science still has a long way to go. Trying to understand this stuff is trying to figure out the true nature of reality. I wish i knew.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 20 2010 10:27:11

Ron.M

RE: Ethical conundrum (in reply to KMMI77

I would leave any kind of "Karmic Justice" to Aesop's Fables..
There are plenty examples of inequality and unfairness all around us.

What I have noticed over the years is that "legal dishonesty" is now accepted as normal business practice.

That is, a business behaving in such a way that to the average person it seems like a cheat or a scam, or at the very least, sharp practice.

However, the businesses have taken care to remain just a hair's width within the written word of the Law.

30 years ago it was the fly-by-night, shady small businesses who would be featured on TV Consumer programmes...but now the large "respectible" companies, such as Airlines, Banks, Phone Companies, Utility Companies, Property Companies all practice this as "normal" business.

Private "clamping" companies working for the council partially cover "No Parking" or "Restricted Waiting" signs up then lie in wait for a mug to park for 5 minutes so they can clamp the car and charge them £90 to have it removed.
If you refuse to pay, they tow the car away and charge you £350 + a daily storage charge if you want it back.

All perfectly "legal" dear boy, all perfectly legal.

There has been a generational change in ethics IMO and younger folk either don't care about it or just accept it as normal everyday life since, well, they have practically grown up in this environment.

In all my life, I've never known such a time of scamming and folk being so self-serving such that I find it hard to take anyone's advice at face value, be it a Lawyer, Doctor, Accountant etc without thinking if the advice is being given to help me, or help themselves.

I mean..who believes any Politician these days?

I even heard a programme where NHS Transplant surgeons carried out transplants knowingly using sub-optimal donor organs because they had "targets" to meet and beds to clear and didn't have the time to wait until some more suitable organ became available.
Of course, the pressure came from the NHS Hospital Managers, who also had targets to meet if they were to receive their bonuses at the end of the year.

The part which shocked me most was someone received the heart of a Heroin addict who had hanged himself and the heart had been stopped for some minutes by the time he was found, so was thought to be a bit "iffy".

(Nice...huh?)

All perfectly legal and ethical and nobody did anything "wrong".

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 20 2010 13:02:42

Doitsujin

quote:

I'm am a cop you a**hole. In a decade I've only witnessed one thing even near what you've aledged. That person was drummed-out and prosecuted. You've just stereotyped all cops, but would be appalled if I stereotyped others.

LOL... ^^ Do you think that Hollywood-movies and youtube are a serious resource for the average US policeman? It was just a joke. Sorry for the confusion. When Im writing about other things than guitar-playing...I´m usually not so serious..
Actually... when I was still young enough, I wanted to become a cop, too. I like the police. But I felt that in my country it would have been to boring...so I canceled that idea. I don´t even like donuts so much... :./

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 20 2010 20:35:23

Ron.M

RE: Ethical conundrum (in reply to Doitsujin

Nah Doit,

The Police is too mild for you IMO.

The Hitler SS is getting closer.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 20 2010 20:43:15

KMMI77

RE: Ethical conundrum (in reply to Ron.M

Hi Ron, i agree with your thoughts. I often listen to mainstream talk back radio while I'm at work. I must be getting old,

Not a day goes by without some form of corporate corruption being identified and everyone accepts it as the norm. In fact, if someone calls the station who wants to talk about a subject on a deeper level they are quickly cut off. No good for their corporate sponsors.

There will come a time when enough is enough though. Pity we will have to take things that far to make any real changes.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 21 2010 4:46:35

Doitsujin

Ron, sorry I can´t joke about that.... This topic is too heavy for my taste...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 21 2010 18:41:57

Ron.M

RE: Ethical conundrum (in reply to Doitsujin

Hey Doit,

Only kidding!

It's just that I love your totally dismissive jokes about folk who don't toe the line.

(I know you reprimanded me for that sick video I sent you about the cats... )

There's only one Doit!

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 21 2010 18:54:20

akatune

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at May 21 2012 22:26:32
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 21 2010 23:26:52

Arash

RE: Ethical conundrum (in reply to akatune

quote:

ORIGINAL: akatune

In my experience, people often do derive thier ideas about us Americans from our silly movies.

Actually the best thing about americans, are their movies

---

Doit, you have a very cool and safe system.
You can even be serious about an issue, but then if someone is offended, later always say: it was just a special doit joke

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jul. 22 2010 6:30:10
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post