Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: No nails no cry   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

chapman_g

RE: No nails no cry (in reply to michel

Well Grisha's nails are quite short in that video, but he still has enough there coupled with the way he plays pushing down the string that he would definitely be getting some nail contact there also for sure. That video is linked below and he shows the nails at 1:19.

www.youtube.com/user/mininocurro#p/a/u/0/4Vcf9K5BTNk
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 4 2010 5:13:26

michel

RE: No nails no cry (in reply to chapman_g

it's not that easy to follow this advice (pulling down etc.) if you play since many years. IMO it's hard to correct the spot where fingers hits the strings once you already have a system. I wanted to do like grisha shows it, but i had the feeling that i must relearn my whole playing from the start.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 4 2010 6:22:39

akatune

RE: No nails no cry (in reply to michel

quote:

ORIGINAL: michel

makes me think of grishas video with advices for picado, he has a bombastic sound with hardly no nails, really exceptional.

If your nails are a moderate length, you should be able to curl them for some nail to hit the string or straighten them to have more flesh hit the string.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 4 2010 13:41:50

Richard Jernigan

RE: No nails no cry (in reply to Reinhardt

Tarrrega did indeed play with no nails, but only at the end of his career when hardening of the arteries damaged them. This is according to the classical guitarist and composer Isaias Savio and the Buenos Aires guitar encyclopedist Domingo Prat who knew Tarrega personally.

Savio says that after Tarrega cut his nails, he no longer had the "crystalline tone" that characterized his earlier playing.

RNJ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 5 2010 18:52:35
Page:   <<   <   1 [2]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote