Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

@ GuitarristaMadrid   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2 3 4 5    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Arash

@ GuitarristaMadrid 

man, chill out a bit !

i have the feeling that you feel like to be some kind of a new forflamenco prophet or something like that.

stop opening new revolutionary threads.

take a deep breath.

then first, bring those threads which you already opened to a end.

also, i would like to see you playing some flamenco first, before talking about anything outside and beyond what you already claim to have more or less mastered (flamenco).

these are some of the foromembers with their compositions and interestingly non of them ever said something like "i want to be better than paco" or "flamenco is just a stage......." or "you can wish the ground with gerardos compositions" , etc ...............

modesty doesn't seam to be one of your strenghts.

normally no one needs to proof anything here.

but someone with your kind of attitude and dramatic posts, should be at least 10 times better as these guys, in flamenco first.

then you can call people to follow you join you on a path or something.

i mean we all have our pathes already. if we should change it, then convince us.

up to now, i am not convinced.

up to now, i still feel like a bloody beginner who still doesn't have mastered even 20% of what flamenco can offer me.

so i don't talk too much sh!t. i just listen , learn, share what i (maybe) know. thats it.

and to be honest, i think at the moment you are misusing the foro a bit to boost your ego! thats it.

thanks for all the excersises etc., appreciated, but the rest of your posts are beginning to sound a bit too arrogant and delusional.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 4:39:31

guitarristamadrid

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Arash

I got a better offer for you hotshot. How about instead of me spending my whole damn week "proving" that I'm better than some guy who learned flamenco on the internet, when what I was actually in the process of doing was making helpful exercises for people who wanted them,

you do this:

Fly your ass to Madrid. Here's my address: Calle Olite, 34. Here's my mobile: +34606073579. You can take the airport metro to Cuatro Caminos, I'll meet you there.

Now, when you get here, you can borrow one of my guitars. Now, we are going to go down to canorroto and sit our ass down in front of El Entri, who knows more about flamenco than either of us ever will.

And we can play compas, technique, falsetas and accompany baile and cante all day long.

And a true master will be the judge.

If that doesn't appeal to you, shut up and stop hijacking my threads.

Sometimes music is all you got in this world. Why do I create music? Because there was a time when I had nothing, and music kept me alive.

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 4:48:34

ninoyderoberto

another rd..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 4:51:40

TAKITAKATA

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to guitarristamadrid

POPCORN !!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 4:53:37

Arash

1) why should i spend money to come to madrid because of you ?
buy a me a ticket and i come to visit madrid, and we could also meet , no problem.

2) why should i borrow one of your guitars? i have my own guitar. please also pay for the transport to madrid.
so that i can play with my own guitar.

3) why should i prove anything ? i am not the snooty prophet who is posting all these threads. thats you.
so you have to show something. not me. i never claimed anything.

4) i like the idea to be in the school of El Entri. i think he can teach me a lot. i wish i had no other
job and could study with him or in other schools

5) as already mentioned, you should chill out a bit

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 4:56:07

XXX

Evan, dude you said it yourself, that the canoroto guys must present themselves more on the internet. Same thing goes for everybody, also yourself. Without the internet, nobody here would have ever known about Entri et al. Presenting yourself in video, sharing what moves you, showing what is challenging you, its the same thing like we would do when we met face to face. But we dont have to fly around to do that.

Btw does Entri know how you think about flamenco guitarrists?? Them being bad composers etc...

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 4:57:09

yohan

again I agree totally with you arash.
(thanks for posting all those vids, keeps me really motivated! )

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:00:56

guitarristamadrid

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to XXX

If I have made even a single person more aware of Entri, the truest flamenco teacher there ever was, then I have done something good here.

EDIT: Deniz, flamenco guitarrists are not "bad composers". They are just not good composers compared to classical composers, the true masters of the art.

And Entri loves classical music, he teaches a lot of it in his classes. He even rambles on about how beautiful it is relatively often

Sometimes music is all you got in this world. Why do I create music? Because there was a time when I had nothing, and music kept me alive.

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:01:56

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: guitarristamadrid

"proving" that I'm better than some guy who learned flamenco on the internet,

are you sure that these guys learned everything on internet ?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:02:36

guitarristamadrid

Well I don't know if they did, but right now I am just focused on battling you

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:05:27

John O.

I think it's time to stop feeding the troll.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:06:59

guitarristamadrid

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to John O.

quote:

I think it's time to stop feeding the troll.

Please do, this is getting exhausting, but it's just not in my nature to back down from a fight. I just want to actually play the guitar again!!!! Moderator delete the threads!!!!!

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:09:39

Arash

well, to be honest, when you started in the foro and shared something, first i thought i should defend you a bit from too harsh attacks.

but then after reading all your recent posts, i just come to one conclusion:

you talk too much nonsense, you have a sick ego, and you are delusional.

you should not focus on battling me or anyone else.

just upload a flamenco video from you playing in compas of any palo, and better than these "internet" guys . you don't need a week for that , just upload what you already learned and know

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:11:20

guitarristamadrid

ATTENTION ALL WHO WANT TO KEEP FIGHTING. The point has been brought up that we are just wasting space on the forum. While our battle maybe highly entertaining, it is true!

Anyone who wants to keep battling me, call my Madrid phone OR send me and email OR write a comment on my myspace page about how much my music sucks OR let's schedule a meet up in real life at some point, but I cannot respond to personal attacks anymore on the main forum. From now on I will only respond to statements about the issues themselves instead of endless ad hominem attacks.

If you do not know what an ad hominem attack is read about it here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:15:52

Arash

i would never say that your music sucks.
that, i don't do with any musician.

the only thing that sucks up to now for me is your attitude.

work on it and practice a bit modesty, and its all cool again

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:18:01

Ron.M

quote:

just upload a flamenco video from you playing in compas of any palo, and better than these "internet" guys . you don't need a week for that , just upload what you already learned and know

I'm all for that Arash.

Also I would just like to see some vids of guitarrista demonstrating some of the cañoroto school exercises etc as that would be most helpful for a lot of members here.

Tabs and stuff are OK, but actual vids are much better IMO.

But just exchanging words and opinions just provokes these angry comments IMO.

Guitarrista, why must it take 2 days or whatever?

Why not just post a short Bulerias piece with a few cañoroto falsetas just now?

Just 1-2 minutes with just average video/ sound quality. We're not fussed.

The same stuff you are already playing at the clubs...so no need to practise.

That way it will end all this speculation etc..

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:18:49

BarkellWH

Anyone who throws around such adolescent, sophomoric terms as "dude" and "hotshot" when referring to others demonstrates such a lack of originality in his verbal ability and thought process that it brings into question his ability to be creative and original in any other endeavor. As for the substance (such as it is) of the written content, I haven't heard such a load of arrogant, overbearing "mierde" since I was a high school sophomore. I am reminded of a consistently observed psychological phenomenon: Those who constantly feel the need to arrogantly advise others are usually compensating for a lack or deficit they see in themselves.

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white,
With the name of the late deceased,
And the epitaph drear, "A fool lies here,
Who tried to hustle the East."

--Rudyard Kipling
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:29:47

Arash

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron.M

That way it will end all this speculation etc..

cheers,

Ron

that way, we will start again at ground zero.

i mean, he would be just another afficionado like the rest of us !

nothing special !

not that he expects to continue like that and do down others compositions, just because he proved with a video that he can play a bit of bulerias with some falsetas.

just to avoid misunderstandings !!

but anyway, up to now, we don't even know his skills in flamenco.
so a video would be a good start

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:32:44

Arash

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to BarkellWH

just a question to native english speakers:

i know you meant guitarrista ......but is "dude" a bad word ?

i think i also called some people "dude" on foro.

sorry my english is not perfect. i thought that dude is ok......

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:35:33

guitarristamadrid

The stuff I am playing in gigs at the moment is not flamenco, it is my original music (such as the first four pieces on my myspace page) and music that I am playing with Dave www.myspace.com/davebornstein . If you want to see a video of that RIGHT NOW, I guess I can record it with my webcam when Dave comes over to practice in a few hours.

Tarantas video here:

Look!!!! I just found a video of me playing Solea from when I first started studying with Entri

I will post more videos as I said in the other thread!

SPECIAL OFFER: If anyone wants to skype me, tonight after I have finished rehearsal with Dave, I will turn on my webcam and you can ask me to play ANYTHING YOU WANT!!!

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:38:32

Ron.M

quote:

just a question to native english speakers:

i know you meant guitarrista ......but is "dude" a bad word ?

i think i also called some people "dude" on foro.

sorry my english is not perfect. i thought that dude is ok..

Arash,

"Dude" is American English and a kind of "familiar" term mainly used by younger folk.

(I think it refers to a newstart on a Ranch ...like an apprentice Cowboy or something. Our American members could correct this if I'm wrong.)

It would be considered a bit cheeky or even insulting to use in the UK, as would "buddy", to someone you didn't know well...

As for street or school playground language, even there it would be thought of as a bit pretentious...like trying to be cool, New York hiphop etc.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:44:41

Arash

lol Ron ok DUDE (j/k)

Guitarrista

thanks for the videos.

that was what i expected.

you are an intermediate player (just like many others here in the foro) with OK technique, but you can still learn a lot from your teacher El Entri, and if your ego should allow you, you can also learn a lot from the guys here like Ricardo and Jason (but i doubt that you could accept such an offer!)

just one note about the taranta: the "rumba like" kind of strumming at the end doesn't really fit for a taranta and somehow destroys the sad and deep feeling and mood of a taranta (IMO)

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:50:01

minordjango

thanks guitar madrid , i like the motivation also. wouldnt mind flying up to madrid , no competition just get more inspiration , well done on the vids Evan

ricardo and Toddk, damn u guys (i mean that in the best way) love the videos, the solea sublime , all of em'
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:50:41

minordjango

oh evan what classical pieces is el entri teaching you all ?

and why for technical or other or just for fun?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 5:54:24

guitarristamadrid

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to minordjango

Entri teaches about 10 classical exercises, and he doesn't even know the names of all of them... he teaches flight of the bumblebee, colibri, estudio de villalobos, some things that I'm pretty sure are preludes of someone, some stuff of Carcasi, and other things I don't remember right now

he teaches it for the technique, and he really believes in the importance of guitarists having a large repertoire, even to the point of learning classical things. He himself has a larger repertoire of pieces than any of his students

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 6:03:02

guitarristamadrid

quote:

with OK technique

I absolutely accept a technical challenge, of any aspect of the guitar, from any of the players you just mentioned. Or yourself if you ever had the balls, not waiting for that to happen though.

Picado, arpeggio, rasgeos, pulgar, whatever technique you want. I'll need a few days to warm up, and we'll upload our best examples of those techniques. I am willing to bet that with the technical exercises I learned from Entri, plus the ones I created myself, I can play any standard technique faster and cleaner and longer and with a better sound. Plus I can play tons of other techniques like picado with MA and AX and four finger arpeggios, stuff those guys have probably never even attempted.

That being said, I have no doubt a bunch of people know more falsetas than me and have probably spent a lot more time practicing falseta X Y and Z by Paco than I have.

But raw technique? Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!

And to address your thing about the tarantas, I basically agree. I would not say that that is a classic example of a tarantas, in fact it is pretty weird. I'm just ****ing around and improvising basically. I just dug it up cause you wanted an example of my playing, and you couldn't wait any longer.

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 6:11:07

guitarristamadrid

Saying "Dude" where I come from is basically the same as saying "Tio" in spanish

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 6:12:23

Arash

didn't know that something like "ok technique" would make you see red again !

if you want me to say that your technque is the best i have ever seen, then i have to dissapoint you. sorry.
i have seen far superior technique (here in foro and of course elsewhere)

again, all i can say is "chill out" ! you seam to have some real personality problems !

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 6:21:53

guitarristamadrid

Dude I'm psyched for the technique challenge, I eat breathe and bleed this ****. Of course some random videos from years ago aren't the best technique you have ever seen, cause I have just barely begun to warm up. When I reach the moment when the disparate pieces have been drawn together, and I release my true artform into the world.... I have been preparing all my life for that moment.

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 6:28:34

guitarristamadrid

Here is a poem that I wrote, addressing all those who think I must be saved from myself, who think I am killing myself by putting all this pressure on myself and taking on the world.

To you, I say this:

No Rapture

Let there be no rapture.
Let the infinite earth burn forever in glory.
Whosoever god
Who would end my pain
With his salvation
Let him walk into the fire
Of all my pain,
Of all my life.
You will take this from me?
Fight me.
Rapture all the others,
I will choose this earth.

4/19/2010
Evan Cary

www.myspace.com/evancary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 21 2010 6:30:50
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1] 2 3 4 5    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote