Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   3 4 [5] 6 7    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Estevan

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to XXX

quote:

You mean tomorrow.

...and tomorrow, and tomorrow...

Mais où sont les vidéos d'antan!

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 9:11:43

yohan

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Estevan

quote:

He did say "there are some things I need to do with women." Most likely this meant boring them to death talking about the hardcore scale practice he used to do in the good old days, and showing them his 'graduation' certificate.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 9:17:12

Estevan

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to yohan

quote:

Dude, don't laugh - those certificates are chick magnets!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 9:28:24

Ailsa

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arash

my guess is he doesn't have time right now, he is preparing the videos for friday

Maybe, but he had time to upload that 'story of his life' video today so he's made it to a computer.

http://www.flamencojourney.com
http://www.myspace.com/flamencojourney
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 9:43:29

srshea

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Ailsa

Well, since we're all in a sharing mood now, I'll share the story of my own life.

I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.........
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 9:46:44

Estevan

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to srshea

quote:

Well, since we're all in a sharing mood now, I'll share the story of my own life.

I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.........

Yes; go on...

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 11:47:34

srshea

quote:

Yes; go on...

I will later. In a video....
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 11:59:14

XXX

you guys like it so much to talk about this boy, thats fascinating.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 12:04:08

Estevan

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to XXX

quote:

you guys like it so much to talk about this boy, thats fascinating.

No, we're not talking about anybody (or anything), just having fun with words.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 12:05:45

Stu

quote:

just having fun with words

a fantastic pastime!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 12:29:06

flybynight

I can guess that fingers are being hovered over 'ban' buttons, but please don't ban him till his own deadline passes.. a number of experienced members of this forum have made assumptions about his abilities based on some very old videos, and no doubt the 'tude raised temperatures.

I don't have any new information, but the value that he could bring to the forum (for the inexperienced members), should he be able to walk the walk, far outweighs any damage he can do in the next couple of days. He's probably practicing anyway...

Thanks.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 12:33:06

XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Estevan
No, we're not talking about anybody (or anything), just having fun with words.

yes that too, and thats ok of course.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 12:33:57

Rain

Has anyone here considered that this young man may not be all there and that all this goofing on him is not much help to him. Think about that for awhile.

His post where he stated that he has over 1000000 exercises kind of reminded me of a lonely child I knew who would offer to buy the beers if we would hang out with him.
He hung himself in high school in the back of the bleachers.

If you can't help in building something then don't help in tearing it down.

Free Palestine
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 12:34:58

Doitsujin

@ whole thread:

lol

I hope he finally uploads some nice actual playing.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 12:48:57

Ailsa

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Rain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rain

Has anyone here considered that this young man may not be all there and that all this goofing on him is not much help to him.

Yes I have. I don't think that he's not "all there" as you put it, I think his intelligence is fully functioning. But it's possible he might not be well, and that this hyper behaviour could be followed by a massive dip in self-esteem. But you can't really judge someone from a few posts on a forum, let alone help them.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 12:56:43

[Deleted] (in reply to Estevan

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 15:10:59

minordjango

i agree to , and ok somethings may be a little out there, but hey im practicing and i was really impressed with his flipping' scale , and i the only one who cant get pic ado going , and cool info on Madrid, and i love a yarn or too, the stories.

positive is the way!, lets all do some uploads ladies and gents and get back to yes constructive ctitics, but also some friendly pats on the back, lifes too short.

ill upload tomorrow or as soon as my sound card is happening , and it will be basic
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 15:26:13

Mark2

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Rain

Not all there? The guy's living in Madrid, playing guitar all day, and studying with one of the greats. I'm more than twice his age and never figured out how to do that...........I think plenty of us would like to be as crazy as that.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rain

Has anyone here considered that this young man may not be all there and that all this goofing on him is not much help to him. Think about that for awhile.

His post where he stated that he has over 1000000 exercises kind of reminded me of a lonely child I knew who would offer to buy the beers if we would hang out with him.
He hung himself in high school in the back of the bleachers.

If you can't help in building something then don't help in tearing it down.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 16:21:43

ToddK

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Guest

quote:

May I remind you that a prophet once said "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" ... nice to see that pack behaviour hasn't changed in a millenia .... Callous louts the lot of you. Grow up and act your age. Shame on you all.

These threads have been running ramped for weeks on end.
Shame on you for not chiming
in earlier Neal.

Why arent you shaming Guitarrista for his pompous, ostentatious, magniloquent bullcrap which he has been litering this forum with since the day he joined?

What's that phrase that means exhibiting an attitude of superior virtue; self-righteously pious? Oh yeah, i believe its "ho·li·er-than-thou".
Thats you Neal.
Now go back to your church and read you bible or something.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 16:49:29

gj Michelob

I find it a bit unfair and hurried a conclusion, Nealf, although your intentions are certainly based on just premises.
quote:

The kind of mob mentality that has been displayed in this thread is nothing short of pathetic.
You're a bunch of adults acting like schoolyard bullies, making personal attacks on someone unknowing of the effect it can have on someone. (and you're probably too unthinking and selfish to give a **** too)

In this instance many members of the forum felt personally attacked and mocked by Evan’s snobbery of the foro and many of its members whom he handpicked to criticize. The disdain he received in response to his outrageous affront, was purely and undoubtedly defensive in nature, unlike the one you characterize as “mob mentality”. After all, we all spend so much time on this foro we all have a sense of shared ownership and pride which extends to protecting our icons, Jason, Ricardo, Todd, Grisha, JG (not gj) and many others whom we love and are enormously thankful to, for their edifying and educational contribution. Offending the foro and its members is offending all of us at large. Hence, the protective instinct.

quote:

Its laughable that posters have been judging his playing abilities when they don't have the cojones to put up a single video of their own on the foro. (you know who you are)

Posting videos and playing well are not necessarily the same thing. Some enjoy sharing their music through videos, some only through recordings, some through advice which –taken as a whole- shows knowledge and competence. Take Norman, for instance, I never saw any videos of his, yet am still left with the dogmatic unwavering faith in all he writes.

quote:

May I remind you that a prophet once said "let he who has not sinned cast the first stone" ... nice to see that pack behaviour hasn't changed in a millenia .... Callous louts the lot of you. Grow up and act your age. Shame on you all

Finally, the same prophet (who technically was not a prophet) you quote, also reacted quite violently when merchants offended the temple. One should not remain idle when witnessing unjust deeds. If we all did, injustice would have its way.

Perhpas we should all drop stones and rocks, accuse no one and understand this is the recurrent incident of a new member who wants to pick a fight to attract attention.

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 16:52:37

CuerdasDulces

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Mark2

This guy Evan thinks that he is the only one that has gone to Madrid and has suffered. I have a friend that went to Madrid a few months ago to learn flamenco and he was living in the airport! he was with Jeronimo Maya and learned a lot from him. I think that real guitarists(or any musician) are the ones who are the most humble. I have nothing against Evan since I dont even know the guy, but the stuff that he has been saying is not helping him at all imo.
Dont get too worked up guys
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 16:56:21

Rain

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to ToddK

You are one funny guy ToddK, instead of offering help to henrym3483 with his solea compas help request, you find you need to attack Neal and question his sincerity.

quote:

Now go back to your church and read you bible or something.

Your such an altruist.

Free Palestine
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 17:16:56

[Deleted] (in reply to Estevan

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 19:26:34

gj Michelob

quote:

gj Michelob - you find that my post was unfair?! I'm dumbstruck.

I respond because I am fond of your posts and contribution, Nealf, not to fuel any further dispute.

I simply expressed my disagreement with your conclusions, and I hope I did so civilly. Should I have offended you, please accept my apology as it was not my intention. However, I trust that you will choose to respect my opinion as I do yours.

'still fellow musicians in good terms?

cordially,

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 19:43:04

at_leo_87

quote:

what we have here now are a bunch of elitist middle-aged flamenco know-it-all bullies.

watchu talkin bout willis? dont tell me you haven't seen anything good from this forum. we have a lot of knowledgeable, generous, supportive people here.

ok guys. you all had your chance to give evan your opinions and feedback. if he doesn't get it by now, i don't think another 7 pages will do any good.

i usually go to the forum for inspiration. this is just a buzzkill, dude.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 20:46:02

Mike_Kinny

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to at_leo_87

quote:

ok guys. you all had your chance to give evan your opinions and feedback. if he doesn't get it by now, i don't think another 7 pages will do any good.

Absolutely! Discussions are often misunderstood as battlegrounds.
Guys take it easy. You have already made your point many times.
Cool down, coooool dowwwwwwn.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 21:20:11

Arash

quote:

ORIGINAL: nealf

I agree with Rain, why attack someone in so public and humiliating a manner??

The kind of mob mentality that has been displayed in this thread is nothing short of pathetic.
You're a bunch of adults acting like schoolyard bullies, making personal attacks on someone unknowing of the effect it can have on someone. (and you're probably too unthinking and selfish to give a **** too)

how is it that you don't give a damn about his behaviour towards all the members who are helping and contributing to forum since years and calling them "internet flamencos" but prefer to talk about some fight of Todd and Flo, which happened years ago and which is solved already since years !? you are creating a new fight instead of trying to close one Mr.GoodGuy!

the forum was absolutely "Fight-Free" and full of good threads since Prof. leaved.

oh, and don't act like the one good guy in the school who helps the bullied !

because: there is no bully here ! guitarrista tried to bully everyone and put everyone down and he received the answer.
simple as that.

how is it that you don't give a damn about anything that this guy have said about others like Grisha and might have hurt them, but you are just concerned about what the reaction is ?

i remember some people when Professor was here.

they didn't care at all what he said to long time members here, as long as they could grab something out of his videos and save it on their PC. yeah, those guys who appear once a year and request a tab for free.

quote:

Its laughable that posters have been judging his playing abilities when they don't have the cojones to put up a single video of their own on the foro. (you know who you are)

and this shows that you understood nada.

why the hell do you think that people wanted him to show something or judged his playing ?
have you ever seen ANYONE in this forum requesting from ANYONE to upload something ?

people upload because they want advice or they upload because they want to introduce something they composed or they upload to teach something. but NO ONE uploads for a fight or to SHOW OFF ! even in competitions, there is no fight like here, there is just this drive to learn something better and better and have some fun.

but in this guys case, we just had these two issues : FIGHT AND SHOW OFF !

and if someone doesn't upload video or audio, that doesn't mean that he doesn't have cojones.
we have different characters here. some like rombsix upload a video weekly and some do once in 4 years!
and some never do. how do you want to know who has cojones and who doesn't? do you really want a video from everyones big ugly hairy cojones to be convinced?

and even if someone would play worth than all other people here, he has the right to comment others videos.
and specially he has the right to request a video from someone who acts like the next paco de lucia, and not only that, but talk about other maestros compositions as if they were totally crap.

quote:

Six years as a member on this foro and its no wonder the original members have slowly slipped away one by one .... what we have here now are a bunch of elitist middle-aged flamenco know-it-all bullies.

don't talk like just because you registered in 2004, you are a better member.
what do you want to say with this elitist BS ?
you are the elitist here with your olschoolflamencoforo captain bob type of talking (everything and everyone past that time is crap!)

quote:

Anyone with an issue with what I have written here can start another thread with me as the topic .... get the pitchforks while you're at it.

if you want an own thread just because you said something here, that means that maybe YOU have the problem which you accused me in first post in this thread:
quote:

feed your own ego

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 23:02:53

KMMI77

I have to side with nealf on this one. Attacking, making fun of and ganging up on someone is a great way to limit contributions to this website. People will think twice about giving an alternative opinion or uploading a video after reading this and related pages.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 23:16:31

at_leo_87

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to Arash

quote:

do you really want a video from everyones big ugly hairy cojones to be convinced?

LOL!

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 23:24:21

Ailsa

RE: @ GuitarristaMadrid (in reply to at_leo_87

We don't have to agree on this, we can just stop it and let it go.

Let's get back to why we are here - sharing our love of flamenco.

Time to put a stop to this and lock this thread?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 22 2010 23:51:16
Page:   <<   <   3 4 [5] 6 7    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   3 4 [5] 6 7    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll