Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in Mexico according to one source   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Grisha

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to Peter Tsiorba

Yes, it appears he has changed his way of delivery. It's now more aggressive!

realguitarstudent (6 hours ago)

If you dont want to sound like that
before buying a guitar
better search & watch
(here in YouTube)
the documentary:

How to choose a good flamenco guitar 1 - Flamenco Guitar Lessons Toronto Royal Conservatory

realguitarstudent (7 hours ago)

Fortunately
here in YouTube
you can hear some authentic
flamenco guitar lessons
(for freemore than 250!)
if you just search this:

Chords & compas in Solea por Buleria - Flamenco Guitar Lessons Toronto Royal Conservatory

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 6:01:46

Florian

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to Grisha

thats fu*k*ng disgusting ...pathetic di*kheads

ruben or his pet student if u reading this..ruben .u might be a good guitar player but u a wa*ker...no amount of guitar skill can make up for that..its very sad...and his pet student, u are a pet to a wa*ker and thats even sadder...u act like a wan*er without questioning

sorry about that...just feels liberating to say it straight up every now and then, i tried to think of polite, tactful words but theres just no substitutes that describe them well enough ...its freaking ridicoulos...their attitude and behaviour its a discrace to flamenco...and this is all you will ever be cause you are ruining your own name and any other name associated with you.. beyond repair...all the people u are stepping over are guitarists and would be the guys that you might one day hope to buy your cd or come to your concerts ...u are pissing off the only people that might give a sh*t about what u do dumb ass

cmon Grisha u can do it ...say what u really wanna say for a sec....u know...first reaction that goes to your head when u see it and before u have time to think think of polite words

anyway excuse the language but i am fed up with this wa*kers who think the world owes them something and the internet is theirs to f*ck and step allover everyone and everyone else is just soposed to take it and remain polite

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 6:09:20

Arash

edit: beating a dead horse

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 6:40:32

Florian

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to Arash

quote:

we should all donate some money, buy one of these Andalusian Guitars

i am not spending a cent !! lol but what we should do is ...return the favour...enough is enough...show them that they will not be allowed to continue this way ...threat them exactly the same way and leave exactly the same messages to their videos...

i am not big on revenge but they not learning or stoping...they think its all up for takes and the internet is theirs and they can sh*t allover anyone and everyone with no consequences

it seems funny that we standing here complaining about them when theres more of us and could acctualy teach em a lesson, give them a taste of their own medicine...or let us be bigger and more mature and let them continue .. ...thats exactly why they still doing it...they think majority of westerners are too polite and too proud and too stupid to do anything about it

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 6:49:09

bursche

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to Florian

Clear reason:

Comparing Grisha's and Ruben's playing people will start to think about Ruben's "I am Paco's only disciple" crap.

Ruben's talking is meaningless for most of us, especially those who know Grisha's playing, but Ruben is really cheating all the beginners who know little about playing and building guitars.

This is so unbelievably ridiculous, but I think you put it perfectly already, Florian

Visit me on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRaGz6Lf-Uz0HxUv-dGQFLQ
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 7:09:55

Arash

edit: beating a dead horse

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 7:31:14

CuerdasDulces

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Aug. 26 2010 0:56:34
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 7:39:54

Andy Culpepper

deleted due to excessive snark

Andy Culpepper, luthier
http://www.andyculpepper.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 7:50:34

Florian

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to Andy Culpepper

quote:

1) Master all the rasgueos of Paco de Lucía’s technique in all the specific flamenco rhythms.
2) Know the complete repertoire of Paco de Lucía, specifically from 1984 up to the current album.
3) Master the accompaniment of the flamenco singer, specifically the repertoire of Paco de Lucía with Camaron de la Isla.
4) Master the application of modern harmony in the flamenco style and flamenco improvisational patterns of Paco de Lucía’s style and flamenco-jazz fusion.
5) Have a least 5 years of experience.
6) Speak spanish.

or most important ...must have money and pay for lessons and then everything else is flexible just there to make it look very exclusive... ...otherwise ofcourse the spamming would be done in spanish lol

how more straight up bull*hit can u fit onto one page

do i need to bring my own cd player and camaron cds to learn accompany for a singer or does he ?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 7:56:01

Pgh_flamenco

quote:

Yes, it appears he has changed his way of delivery. It's now more aggressive!

realguitarstudent (6 hours ago)

If you dont want to sound like that
before buying a guitar
better search & watch
(here in YouTube)
the documentary:

I doubt this type of spamming is allowed. Have you contacted admin?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 7:56:39

Andy Culpepper

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to CuerdasDulces

quote:

seminaries in this studio

Andy Culpepper, luthier
http://www.andyculpepper.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 7:58:24

XXX

quote:

ORIGINAL: Florian
it seems funny that we standing here complaining about them when theres more of us and could acctualy teach em a lesson, give them a taste of their own medicine...or let us be bigger and more mature and let them continue .. ...thats exactly why they still doing it...they think majority of westerners are too polite and too proud and too stupid to do anything about it

Its almost annoying as fakemenco isnt it? Maybe convince them with your playing, lol.
Anyways, go ahead with what you want to do, i wouldnt mind. But i dont think it would be fruitful. More than stating your opinion you cant do imo. Just so that people who read know that there is more to it.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 8:01:02

Florian

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to XXX

quote:

Its almost annoying as fakemenco isnt it? .

its more annoying...the fakemencos atleast minded their own bussines ...didnt do stuff like this to people publicly...and from what i saw on Jasons blog some of them could be talked too and had sence and dealed with it with a sence of houmor...

Jason might have had his own justified reasons ...but we were wrong on that one imo...did kind of exactly what ruben is doing now

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 8:04:54

at_leo_87

quote:

His "main teacher" looks like a meth addict/Justin Timberlake wannabe.

haha!

i really hope ruben snaps out of it. this goes beyond normal human behavior. i don't know if there's any helping him.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 8:05:09

XXX

Well i didnt say fakemencos are bad humans. But those who do not clearly state, some do though, that what they do has nothing to do with flamenco, are p*ssing on the art for the sake of business (or for whatever), and that is, to me at least, as annoying and low as anything.
You can spam the internet with your videos, or you can mislabel your music. It has the same purpose and effect of getting PR. Same category, so, for me = equally boring/annoying.
You can disrespect flamencos by disrespecting their art, or by making nasty comments on internet. Same thing for me.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 8:17:38

Florian

quote:

But those who do not clearly state, some do though, that what they do has nothing to do with flamenco, are p*ssing on the art for

lol why should they ? i have nothing to do with rock ...but i dont state it anywhere

quote:

You can disrespect flamencos by disrespecting their art, or by making nasty comments on internet. Same thing for me.

but its not...its one thing to do the best u can with what u have to play music to the best of your knolodge and abilities and mind your bussines...its another to go and insult another human being directly...its a huge difference

this "insulting flamenco"..is this whole huge more complicated than it needs to be, paranoid preception and hypocritical thing we have built ourselfs....flamenco dosent give a sh*t...it will always be there, its never been in any danger..and noone can claim it

flamencos that are flamencos have insulted flamenco many times if you going to judge it that way...many have experimented...and they insulted many other things on the way too, clasical, jazz, arabic music.. etc.. it goes both ways...flamencos ripp off and fake just as much

to say its only one way traffic its highly hypocritical ...or it is something else when flamencos do it ? so if by your explonation we have insulted all this other genras ...what right do we have to stand here and cry about flamenco beeing insulted ?

and finally can any music be insulted ? or is it just the gift of expression to everysingle one of us...and we all have the right to expres ourselfs through it ...anyway we can , know or our skills , knolodge and oportunitie allows ?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 8:20:38

XXX

i dont know about flamencos insulting other things, might be, i dont listen to fusion. Do they call it Jazz when they play fusion? I dont know. If so, then its not good. And its not a reason for me to say: oh, they do it, we do it, then its absolutely ok.
And im not talking about fakemencos that DONT know it better, just about those who know what kind of business they do. Everybody can fall in the trap of thinking too high of himself, flamencos outside spain as well as in spain. Its not limited to fakemencos. I (hope) am able to divide those who care for art as best as they can and all the others. Im not going spaim around to comment badly about their stuff everywhere, i will just mention what i think is a mispresentation whenever i think there is somebody who is on a false road. This is important because media and public opinion on flamenco is generally wrong. Has nothing to do with being snobbish, or elitist. Again no need to belittle peoples tastes or educate them, but it should be in the interest of everybody, to call out things that are not correct. The only ones who could be against this are those who spread false knowledge.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 8:49:12

Florian

quote:

I dont know. If so, then its not good. And its not a reason for me to say: oh, they do it, we do it, then its absolutely ok.

yeah but just because u dont listen to it it dosent mean it isnt so...and it dosent mean that its not double standards....and it dosent mean that we as a genra arent gulty of exactly the same things we acuse others of

truth is IMO...we need to take the carrots out of our as*es and be fair and look at the big picture not just point to others...theres absoluteley no difference between us and fakemencos...just depends from wich side of the river you watching and how honest to yourself can u be...for gods sake most of our technique is borowed...our guitar is borowed, our footwork is borowed and our sound is the mix of about 5 cultures and every single flamenco hero has "experimented" with someone elses music or tones or ideas

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 8:53:29

Arash

guys, this is thread is about andalusian guitars, so here is some update:

http://www.acousticguitar.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=010247

who is behind who is behind who is behind andalusian guitars lol

seams like ruben and his students were spamming all kind of guitar foros about us, but kicked out from every guitar foro on planet

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 8:59:51

CuerdasDulces

quote:

2) Know the complete repertoire of Paco de Lucía, specifically from 1984 up to the current album.

I'd like to see Ruben play La Barrosa at normal tempo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 9:00:31

at_leo_87

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to Arash

lol, he's been kicked out of every forum he's been in. doesn't he get it?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 9:02:49

XXX

dude, i know nothing about Jazz. Why should i think i have the knowledge to call out a flamenco doing bad fusion? If they do, THEN ITS NOT GOOD either as i said above. But i think i can spot things in the fakemenco world that are only called flamenco because of the sound of the name. What you say about borrowing from other music/cultures is ridiculous. I am talking about marketing, business, money and you are talking about the evolution of an art form. COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOPICS. If you are not able to distinguish - not my problem.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 9:18:58

Florian

u just seeing what u wanna see man or just not looking objectivly enough ...and no the topics arent all that different...

but whatever dude, i said what i think ...u wanna walk around like theres a huge difference between what we do and what they do whatever.....i say theres absoluteley no difference in the big picture...we borowerd and continue to borrow, they borowing...weather its sounds, or ideas or letters out of our genra name

we didnt invent it, neither did they and its not exclusive to flamenco...so how can any fair man sit there and claim to be a victim when the whole world is doing exactly the same to eachother..

btw. why not check out Jazzmenco the album ...done by flamencos

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 9:25:11

Estevan

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to CuerdasDulces

quote:

Guys I found this flamenco school.

Thanks, Cuerdas - that's great news, it's very close to where I work, I can just pop over for lessons at lunch time!

quote:

Since 2006, through a desire to augment his love for the flamenco style of music Tommy studied under the expert tutelage of Ruben Diaz, and has developed into a teacher specializing in techniques of Paco de Lucia and applying the technique to the modern repertoire of music.

That's pretty good progress - evidently Paco de Lucia's Technique™ is not so hard, you can become a teacher in less than four years.

[Edit: Oh, I see... Here's Paco de Lucia's Technique™ in action: Backstreet Boys in Spanish Rhumba Style ]

quote:

The Contemporary Flamenco Guitar Studio aspires to have a very talented and qualified flamenco guitar teacher specialized in Paco de Lucia technique, style and reperotire delivering lessons, workshops and seminaries in this studio.

Applicants must:

1) Master all the rasgueos of Paco de Lucía’s technique in all the specific flamenco rhythms.
3) Master the accompaniment of the flamenco singer, specifically the repertoire of Paco de Lucía with Camaron de la Isla.
4) Master the application of modern harmony in the flamenco style and flamenco improvisational patterns of Paco de Lucía’s style and flamenco-jazz fusion.
5) Have a least 5 years of experience.
6) Speak spanish.

Please reply to the add sending a resume, phone number, mail address and all important information to our contact e-mail address.

Curiouser and curiouser...this is exactly the kind of advertising that people do when they are trying to help someone with immigration - put an ad specifically tailored to the him, requiring a peculiar combination of 'qualifications' that no local person has.
But I thought that RD had got that covered already at the RCM...?

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 10:13:21

XXX

quote:

we borowerd and continue to borrow, they borowing...weather its sounds, or ideas or letters out of our genra name

So you say borrowing a classical guitar idea to incorporate it in a Taranta or Buleria (in a flamenco way, and labeling it also flamenco), is just the same thing as labeling a music "Classical guitar" when you know its not?
And hey, i am not responsible for any flamenco messing around with other's stuff in a mediocre way. Just as i also dont charge a fakemenco artist who stays honest as to the style he plays.

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 11:07:07

estebanana

ooops!

https://www.stephenfaulkguitars.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 11:11:17

Florian

quote:

So you say borrowing a classical guitar idea to incorporate it in a Taranta or Buleria, is just the same thing as labeling a music "Classical guitar" when you know its not?

not but labeling an album Jazzmenco is just as bad as labeling it Novamenco

your problem is that you are blindly arguing about something that its not even really your argument ...just convinved yourself that its the flamenco thing to do and its a sign of respect but to me is just sign of selective awarenes

its not a question of loving flamenco its a question of chosing not to walk and talk with your eyes closed and seeing only what u wanna see

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 11:12:33

Ron.M

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to Estevan

quote:

[Edit: Oh, I see... Here's Paco de Lucia's Technique™ in action: Backstreet Boys in Spanish Rhumba Style ]

Sheesh...for a while there I thought this really WAS Paco de Lucia himself...

Uncanny...

Great playing BTW!

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 11:24:07

XXX

quote:

your problem is that you are arguing about something that its not even really your argument ...just convinved yourself that its the flamenco thing to do and its a sign of respect but to me is just sign or selective awarenes

No, i just dont think everybody is equal when it comes to as how they relate to their art. AGAIN, i am not defending the whole world of flamencos. I dont care for Jazzmenco. If its wrong labeled, its wrong labeled. I dont want to promote Jazzmenco, i want to promote flamenco (or at least what i know about it). So i care for what is labeled as flamenco.

quote:

seeing only what u wanna see

Quite on the contrary, i see very clearly. Regarding my own stuff, I wouldnt even mind if somebody said what i do, or the way i play is not flamenco. I am scratching on the surface of authenticity, failing most of the time. Not more. I dont need to make any bucks. I will not label anything i do as flamenco or Jazz when it is not the case.

Nothing to do with a "flamenco way" either, just plain honesty?? Or is that too much to expect?

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 11:24:10

Tom Blackshear

RE: Andalusian Guitars are made in M... (in reply to bursche

quote:

ORIGINAL: bursche

Clear reason:

Comparing Grisha's and Ruben's playing people will start to think about Ruben's "I am Paco's only disciple" crap.

Ruben's talking is meaningless for most of us, especially those who know Grisha's playing, but Ruben is really cheating all the beginners who know little about playing and building guitars.

This is so unbelievably ridiculous, but I think you put it perfectly already, Florian

Let's be honest, if Ruben's playing is really him playing, then he is very good and deserves recognition. But if he is just lip-sinkin the music then there is a question of his technique being what he says it is.

http://www.youtube.com/user/tommyvrazalis#p/a/f/1/plDY9jPpg74

Either way, there is plenty of work for both him and Grisha to be thankful for. I'll try and see Grisha this June in Austin Texas for the GFA festival. But I'm not sure if I'll have a guitar for him to try out, but hopefully so....... :-)

Tom Blackshear Guitar maker
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2010 11:29:35
Page:   <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software powered by ASP Playground Advanced Edition 2.0.5