Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Vicente Sanchis Badia 33Fl   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Siroco03

Vicente Sanchis Badia 33Fl 

Is the Sanchis Badia 33Fl better than the Manuel Rodriguez C3F and the Alhambra 4F? Can you help me in this, someone please? Thank you anyway.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 15 2010 23:58:55

Graham_B

RE: Vicente Sanchis Badia 33Fl (in reply to Siroco03

Hi erog

You have again asked an almost impossible question.

Comparing comparatively cheap factory-built guitars purely by advertised specifications is a total waste of time in my limited experience.
Quality is so variable that, for example, one C3F might be excellent, the next a dud.

Sig’s excellent post in your earlier thread hits the nail on the head - you really do need to play these instruments and ignore labels.

If you’re not confident choosing on your own, maybe you have a more experienced friend or your teacher coud go along with you?

Good luck
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 16 2010 0:37:36

BarkellWH

I cannot say which is better. As has been noted, quality may vary within the same make and model of factory-built guitars.

I can tell you that my very first flamenco guitar was a Vicente Sanchis 33FL blanca, and I was pleased with it. It had a nice, bright sound and was incredibly lightweight. The thing I have noticed about Vicente Sanchis, however, is that often they have a high action. A lower action can be achieved, however, by lowering the saddle.

Cheers,

Bill
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 16 2010 5:55:47

kovachian

The way you can find out which guitar is better, is to stick some quahr-ters under the strings right by the bridge. Use 7 quahr-ters or so. Then play a chromatic scale on the G string, and pay close attention to that G#.

Don't look at me in that tone of voice.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 16 2010 8:01:35

sean65

Hi Erog,

I just bought a C3F and at the time thought it sounded fine but now that I've been playing Flamenco for two weeks (LOL) i'm not so sure anymore.

The problem is that when I go to my lessons (been twice) I use one of my instructors guitars. Last week it was an Hnos Sanchis Lopez f03. It sounds great and plays great so when I get home it takes me a few days to 'accept' the boxy sound of my C3F again.

Quite frustrating but hey, at this stage I don't deserve any better.

The C3F needs the action lowered a tad but it holds it's tuning and is OK for practice.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 16 2010 9:24:37

TANúñez

RE: Vicente Sanchis Badia 33Fl (in reply to kovachian

quote:

The way you can find out which guitar is better, is to stick some quahr-ters under the strings right by the bridge. Use 7 quahr-ters or so. Then play a chromatic scale on the G string, and pay close attention to that G#.

Too Funny.

Tom Núñez
www.instagram.com/tanunezguitars
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 16 2010 11:44:57
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Product Reviews >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message