Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

[Deleted]   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

[Deleted] 

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 5 2003 20:31:24

eslastra

RE: Back in the hot seat (in reply to Guest

Andy,

Sounds like what my schedule was like last year and I ended the year with a serious left hand problem, but since you aren't an arthritis sufferer I doubt your year will end up like mine. I don't think I will push myself that hard again though. I've got to think about longevity.

One positive thing that's happened this year is that my extended break from playing has allowed me to grow back a full set of healthy fingernails which I've also been treating with nutritive products along the way. My nails now are about as strong as they were with the silk wraps and glue I had to use last year. Nothing like the souind and feel of natural nails . I won't know until I start playing out more regularly how well they'll hold up.

Eddie Lastra
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 6 2003 13:31:22

[Deleted] (in reply to eslastra

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 6 2003 14:03:46

Escribano

Do you mean acrylic varnish like "Hards As Nails"? I use two layers of silk, superglue and "Hards As Nails", works for me. Where do you get the silk from?

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 6 2003 15:47:14

[Deleted] (in reply to Escribano

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 6 2003 20:22:29

Jon Boyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndyB

I'm just coming back out of hibernation after about a year off and doing gigs again. I've had 4 dance gigs in the last month and 8 more in the next 3 months already booked with 3 different groups. And in rehearsals 2-4 nights a week.

I was just curious how often you guys who perform play out. How much is too much if you aren't making a profession of it?

Hi Andy

I guess my gigs average out at about one-two per week, although this week I have 3. My busiest week this year was in March when I had five in one week. All this plus a day job as well -that was tiring!

I don't know how much is too much if its not part of your living - I guess as much as you can cope with before it disrupts a happy, balanced life (esp. if you have a family).

I've cut down on the day job precisely so that I can devote more time to my music, and so that less of my evenings are taken up practising, recording etc, so I'm now working a four day a week day job, and gigging about once/twice a week as I said. If I can build up a bigger market ( ie more regular stable gigs) then I'd like to cut back the day job further.

Cheers.

Jon
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 7 2003 10:21:35
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll