Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Cejillas for sale   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

ngiorgio

Cejillas for sale 

For anyone in need of a new cejilla, here is a link to some of my work.

http://ostriemusicsupplies.com/cejillas.htm

I also sell them on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200385761659&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Nov. 29 2009 14:02:25

sauggata

RE: Cejillas for sale (in reply to ngiorgio

Hi, I visited your ebay shop. I sure like the cejillas you make. Could you please arrange international shipping. I would like to buy one.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jan. 14 2012 10:04:36

Shawn Brock

Nick is making a great product at a more than fare price here. I bought a cejilla from him Monday night, and it arrived at my door on Thursday afternoon! Two days coast to coast shipping and handling says a lot about a guy and how he does business.

His cejillas are well made and come with a lifetime warrantee, try getting that from the guitar retailers...

Nothing flimsy about this cejilla. The peg is well fitted and turns smooth as possible. When testing this cejilla against others that I have from 3 different makers, I have noticed that this design don't tend to pull the guitar out of tune as some other cejillas do. Of course those of us who use cejillas know the tricks and work-around of planting your fingers on the cejilla while turning the peg and such, but I have noticed that there is less fussing about with this design.

At first I didn't know if I would like the wider leather strap which runs around the back of the neck, but after using it I see the benefit and love it! These things are built to last a lifetime, and he offers some great combinations of woods to choose from.

If you are reluctant about giving a cejilla a try, don't be. Nick provides instructions for those who may be ashamed to ask questions. Cejilla collecting is becoming a hobby for me, and this is one of if not the best cejilla buy's for me so far. I'm completely satisfied and will be ordering another soon!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2012 16:51:54

ngiorgio

Shawn,

Thanks for the kind words. Nice to know that you are pleased with your cejilla.

Here's a link to one of my current Ebay listings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190663467603?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

There are 5 0r 6 more listed on Ebay, just click on to "seller's other items" to check them out.

Anyone interested can contact me directly through the Foro.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 13 2012 17:09:49

jeff_hatcher

quote:

Nothing flimsy about this cejilla. The peg is well fitted and turns smooth as possible. When testing this cejilla against others that I have from 3 different makers, I have noticed that this design don't tend to pull the guitar out of tune as some other cejillas do

I'll back that up. I just received one of Nick's contemporary cejillos last nite. Works great, looks killer. Quality product.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 25 2013 14:02:32

tele

RE: Cejillas for sale (in reply to jeff_hatcher

I have one, pretty good but the A string can be moved in direction of the fret, up or down, might be issue if doing vibrato or bending, my dunlop basic cejilla doesnt do this. Could be due to the softness of the leather. Im sure if I would switch the leather to rubber there wouldnt be this little problem.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 25 2013 23:25:06

ngiorgio

Jeff,

Thanks for your comments.

tele,

If your cejilla has a leather strap on bottom, apply more downward pressure on it (towards strings) before locking down with the peg. That should eliminate side to side string movement.

Cejillas with rubber bottoms tend to allow for more grip on the strings. Leather bottoms are just more traditional.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 26 2013 16:20:37

tele

quote:

ORIGINAL: ngiorgio

Jeff,

Thanks for your comments.

tele,

If your cejilla has a leather strap on bottom, apply more downward pressure on it (towards strings) before locking down with the peg. That should eliminate side to side string movement.

Cejillas with rubber bottoms tend to allow for more grip on the strings. Leather bottoms are just more traditional.

Ok will try it, otherwise I will just use diy rubber

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 27 2013 1:04:01
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote