Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Paco del Gastor last night   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

zata

Paco del Gastor last night 

At last night's Gazpacho festival Paco del Gastor played a mediocre solo to open, but then astonished everyone with his brilliant accompaniment of an all-Jerez cuadro. He not only was hot, but everything was tastefully loaded with great technique and great sound...hard to imagine anyone accompanying better. What a waste that he only teaches now. On the other hand, what a great opportunity for guitarists to learn from him. In case anyone still doesn't know, he's teaching group classes at Morón's cultural center, October to June, 4 hours weekly, 72 Euros, which works out to 50 US cents per hour. Anyone can take the classes and foreigners may take less than the 9 month course. You have to reserve a place by sending your name, address, passport number etc. to:

Casa de la Cultura
C. Ramón Auñón
41530 Morón de la Frontera
(Sevilla) SPAIN

Indicate that it's for Paco del Gastor's flamenco guitar course. I don't work for them, it's just such a great opportunity I hate to see it go to waste.

Estela 'Zata'
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 3 2003 19:14:03

Miguel de Maria

RE: Paco del Gastor last night (in reply to zata

Zata,
on the other hand, as I was leaving Sevilla I passed some guitar friends coming back from the festival (at about 6 am), and they were quite disappointed. They said that Paco appeared as if he was once phenomenal, but had lost his skills and not recognized the fact.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 4 2003 16:28:30

zata

RE: Paco del Gastor last night (in reply to Miguel de Maria

Michael, that can only mean your guitar friends have no interest in accompaniment and were disapppointed with Paco's solo which was a dud. You don't often see a better job of accompanying than Paco del Gastor did on Saturday, and no other guitarists to back him up. Spaniards at the next table who were not from Morón came to the conclusion that it had to be Paco's group and the others were hired by him...Luis el Zambo and Manuel Moneo! Richard Parker, a guitar-teacher forum alumnus, was completely bowled over.

Estela 'Zata'
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 5 2003 1:30:46

Miguel de Maria

RE: Paco del Gastor last night (in reply to zata

Zata,
perhaps you are right. None of my friends were Spaniards, though in their defense, and mine, we all have a lot of interest, though not expertise, in accompaniment. In the month in Spain at the Fundacion, I went to over 25 flamenco shows, including 3 festivals, and went from having no interest at all in cante, to a true affinity for it. I shall miss it! Luckily I have my Camaron, Chacon, Caracol, Mairena, Calixto, and Arcangel CDs to comfort me!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 5 2003 19:04:47

[Deleted] (in reply to Miguel de Maria

[Deleted by Admins]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Aug. 5 2003 20:19:09
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message