Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

[Deleted]   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 3 [4] 5    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

[Deleted] (in reply to JasonMcGuire

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 4:07:17

John O.

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Doitsujin

quote:

But I think he wont forget that

You stank on Jose Manuel Leon

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 4:07:42

John O.

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Guest

Away with you, fowl t@rd!

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 4:09:52

kozz

Wauw Ruben, you are:
- just great
- fantastic
- wunderfull
- amazing

Just must be a happy person...I am always showing my D**k to get some friends, but it doesn't work.

Wauw wauw wauw, I am so proud of you. How a little underrated person becomes such a well known one in this Universe.

You are bigger than God...

Wauw wauw wauw, I can't express my grattitude for you being here on the forum.

Wauw wauw and even more wauw
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 4:16:59

John O.

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to kozz

He won't be here long. He's not the first freak to be swiftly banned and forgotten and he won't be the last.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 4:27:16

Graham_B

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to John O.

Mr (Prof?) Diaz - and apologies to everyone else

The following is off the Alexa website

"Some Important Disclaimers

The traffic data are based on the set of toolbars that use Alexa data, which may not be a representative sample of the global Internet population. To the extent that our sample of users differs from the set of all Internet users, our traffic estimates may over- or under-estimate the actual traffic to any particular site.

In some cases traffic data may also be adversely affected by our "site" definitions. With tens of millions of hosts on the Internet, our automated procedures for determining which hosts are serving the "same" content may be incorrect and/or out-of-date. Similarly, the determinations of domains and home pages may not always be accurate.

Sites with relatively low traffic will not be accurately ranked by Alexa. Alexa's data comes from a large sample of several million Alexa Toolbar users and other traffic data sources; however, the size of the Web and concentration of users on the most popular sites make it difficult to accurately determine the ranking of sites with fewer than 1,000 monthly visitors. Generally, traffic rankings of 100,000 and above should be regarded as not reliable. Conversely, the closer a site gets to #1, the more reliable its traffic ranking becomes."

I know you won't listen, but these "statistics" you've been quoting are effectively meaningless.

Graham_B
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 5:00:00

Florian

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Graham_B

quote:

how it is posible that one individual person has more audience than all the companies, and singers, and dancers, and guitar players, in Flamencoworld.com,and be called unkwnown by some unknown players?.

maybe people just come in to get a look at the shirt...i know i cant look away

Ruben ...you are so hot right now... you should tour...maybe u can have the websites statistics on your poster..if you wear that yellow hawayan shirt or kimono whatever it is il be there..i just aint never seen me one of those in real life before

seriously i think if your mom sees what you wear when playing shes gonna give you a good smack on the bottom..so u better behave or i might just have to call her and tell her Ruben is going aroud with his shirt unbuttoned down to his belly

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 5:08:00

Ron.M

Dear, dear, Ruben.....

What can I say?

What was your motivation for that post?

Or as Florian would say, "How did this play out in your head, man? Did you really think this would suddenly convert people to liking you here?"

Nobody has said you are a rotten guitarist.
On the contrary, folk have applauded your technique and free lessons. (which might account for the popularity of your website also. People love freebies.)

However nobody seems to like your polite but cold personal communication style, nor your desire for self-promotion and your intolerance for any kind of criticizm of your views.

Hence there seems little need for you to be on a discussion Forum, since your opinions are already fixed.

I feel you have joined this site, not for the intention of making friends and discussing stuff with other members, but rather for the purpose of "phishing" for "admirers".

Perhaps you have no need for people to like and respect you just as a person and not for what you can do on the guitar.
Then again, maybe you are so much in awe of yourself that you don't really need anyone else.

To have posted an apology to Jason McGuire and perhaps offered to help out with some of our challenges etc would have at least been a good start.
But instead, you chose to shove your website statistics in our faces to "prove" what a grand and well-known figure you are.

When you shoot yourself in the foot once, well, that could be an unfortunate accident.
But to do it twice in quick succession is just plain stupidity.

I'm sure even Paco de Lucia himself did not get to where he is by insulting his audience.

Anyway, I am moderating your posting as of now, which means your posts will be submitted to one of the Administrators before being published, as you are bringing down the positive mood of the Forum.

I suggest you take a break from here and have a long think about how someone with a superb Flamenco guitar technique like yourself could bomb so badly on one of the most popular English-language Flamenco Forums on the Web.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 5:27:33

Florian

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Ron.M

I guess theres a lesson for all of us...technique is not everything..most important thing is still the person behind it..

thank you Ruben this is the lesson i have learned from you

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 5:32:19

kozz

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Florian

...eventually it all comes down to Duende
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 5:40:16

Andy Culpepper

lol...I'm trying to think if I would actually have the balls to wear that shirt to a gig...I doubt it you've got to hand it to him.
And the glasses complete the ensemble beautifully.
Rube did you also take fashion lessons from Al di Meola?

Andy Culpepper, luthier
http://www.andyculpepper.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 5:43:36

Florian

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Andy Culpepper

quote:

would actually have the balls to wear that shirt to a gig

Ahaa ! so it is a shirt ! i thought maybe it was like a kimono...Ruben what is it ? and does it have buttons or one of those belts around the waiste like a kimono ?

the more i look at it the more its growing on me.... ...its a fine looking shirt

anyone know where to get one ? ...I am only half kidding

btw!!! i just got 3 hitts on myspace ..just thought you guys might like to know who u dealing with....but i just replied to someone so its gonna be 4 soon !

and my website ranks at no 1 in Google out of all the flamencos in the world..if...you type in my full name.....or if not first atleast second !

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 5:51:06

Andy Culpepper

quote:

so it is a shirt ! i thought maybe it was like a kimono

shimono! muy flamenco!

Andy Culpepper, luthier
http://www.andyculpepper.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:04:29

avimuno

Hey Ruben!

Quick question for you... if you're so great what are you doing in Toronto?!?! Shouldn't you be in Spain accompanying El Cigala, Carmen Linares or Sara baras?!?! Or maybe you're too good so that's why you leave Diego Del Morao, Jose Manuel Leon and Banderas to do the job!

"The more stupid a man is the less mysterious life appears to him" - Schopenhauer
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:16:12

gj Michelob

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Ron.M

quote:

Perhaps you have no need for people to like and respect you just as a person and not for what you can do on the guitar.
Then again, maybe you are so much in awe of yourself that you don't really need anyone else.

To have posted an apology to Jason McGuire and perhaps offered to help out with some of our challenges etc would have at least been a good start.
But instead, you chose to shove your website statistics in our faces to "prove" what a grand and well-known figure you are.

When you shoot yourself in the foot once, well, that could be an unfortunate accident.
But to do it twice in quick succession is just plain stupidity.

I'm sure even Paco de Lucia himself did not get to where he is by insulting his audience.

Anyway, I am moderating your posting as of now, which means your posts will be submitted to one of the Administrators before being published, as you are bringing down the positive mood of the Forum.

I suggest you take a break from here and have a long think about how someone with a superb Flamenco guitar technique like yourself could bomb so badly on one of the most popular English-language Flamenco Forums on the Web.
cheers,
Ron

Recommendation on the case of Ruben Diaz:

Ron, if may pay you a compliment, you undoubtedly have the fabric of a fine Judge. Your dealing with this irritating situation shows how calm and composed you remain, unwavering under the public pressing to draw hurried conclusions or summarily judge and punish. I sincerely admire your impartial analysis, your caring advice and your stern warnings.

Solving a problem, banning a member should always be the last remedy we resort to. I respect and agree with your such prudent inclination.

I must submit that a diatribe or heated discussions, with members keenly taking sides, is entertaining; it may also mother illuminated exchanges and further the search for objective views.
However, when gratuitously inflammatory posts sharply cause the stress we now unpleasantly experience on the forum, when the daring, preposterous arrogance of one shutters the serene, productive atmosphere all had contributed to establish, we need to issue an unambiguously phrased “cease and desist”.

Perhaps, before we resort to any such remedy, however yet, we should make a concerted effort to IGNORE Ruben’s posts, unless –and we know that it will be quite unlikely- his posts comport with elementary rules of social co-existence.

Basically, this is the test I recommend, to preserve the welfare of the Forum:

If after reading one of Ruben’s posts, you –the member- experience the urge to mock or reproach Ruben, then you know you should ignore it.
We shouldn’t delete his posts, but our replies to him, as he seems to derive satisfaction from notoriety at any expense.

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:16:38

minordjango

where that kimono in japan and they will send you to North Korea quick smart , i saw some colors in japan but i aint seen that!!!

honeycomb banana spltz!!!

Hope Ruben can upload some mellow bulerias or original guijiras ideas etc, man you have lots of talent , and i love the enjoyment you inject into the bulerias lessons.

have rest and hope see ya soon amigo
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:19:15

Florian

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to minordjango

U right Michelob and sorry Ron ...I aam trying really really hard to fight my urges but ...wow man ..i slip up every now and then cause of stuff like this
quote:

how it is posible that one individual person has more audience than all the companies, and singers, and dancers, and guitar players, in Flamencoworld.com,and be called unkwnown by some unknown players?.

but you guys are right...i will try harder ...but its just begging for jokes...dont worry, we got about 3 days...thats how long it takes Ruben to think of the next thing hes gonna do to proove to us that we are all nobodies and that he really dosent care about what we think anyway

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:30:05

Arash

Ok, Mr. Prof. Diaz, now that you started this Sh!t with Alexa Ranking and this stuff, without even understanding what you are talking about, just to show how much better your website is, i am gonne post some REAL info, just as a GOODBYE Gift for you:

Here is tha REAL WEBSITE CHALLENGE - Prof. Ruben DIAZ VS Jason MC Guire

**** VS flamenco-lessons.com

Yes, you are a great guitarist, but you have no idea about this stuff, so its better just to teach guitar instead of these things!
Adios!

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:35:17

Florian

AUuuu thats embarassing....19 hitts in Total ....talk about getting busted

I am sure theres some kind of missunderstanding thow...if you just give Arash the real website i am sure hed be happy to run another check..he probably got the adress messsed up..

btw...my crapy tv which i am getting ride off on ebay got 50 hitts last week i guesss I am more popular then Nunez and Manolo Sanlucar

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:39:56

Arash

These are the backlinks all over the web! Not hits.

19 VS 34883

LOL

If Jason would want to sell his website RIGHT NOW, he would probably get a high amount of money JUST for the DOMAIN NAME without any content or any video. And Prof. Diaz would get $0.00 ! Because of the popularity, page views, GOOGLE Pagerank.

These are the real facts and not the ALEXA RANK

BTW.....

ALEXA RANK :

Jason -> 3687736 ---VS--- Prof. Diaz 4597756

So even here, DIAZ Lost the Challege !

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:46:42

Ailsa

Guys please stop it.
We have made our point. Please follow gj's advice and just don't respond. It doesn't make us look good.

http://www.flamencojourney.com
http://www.myspace.com/flamencojourney
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:46:54

Arash

Sorry Ailsa, but this was too much (and even totally wrong), so he deserved such an answer.
It was all finished and Ok, but now he started again with this sh!t.
So he should know that he can't post such info and think that everyone is stupid.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:53:07

Florian

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Ailsa

I am sorry u right i sliped up again

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 6:54:00

gj Michelob

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to gj Michelob

quote:

If after reading one of Ruben’s posts, you –the member- experience the urge to mock or reproach Ruben, then you know you should ignore it.
We shouldn’t delete his posts, but our replies to him, as he seems to derive satisfaction from notoriety at any expense.

Please....

I was going to share a link to our awesome Forum with these high ranking officials in Spain, but how can I productively do so if the Forum is replete with this petty incident?

Please let's redirect our efforts to the challenges of "playing and learning flamenco".

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 8:21:32

Mike_Kinny

quote:

I was going to share a link to our awesome Forum with these high ranking officials in Spain

High ranking? officials? Whom are you talking about?
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 8:44:46

gj Michelob

RE: Who is who ?...Tha Real Chalenge. (in reply to Mike_Kinny

quote:

High ranking? officials? Whom are you talking about?

I was trying to stir the interest of Spain's Ministry of Culture in our ForoFlamenco, particularly in view of the interesting challenges this diverse and international community is entertaining. After all, we further interest in one of Spain's greatest cultural treasures, don't we?

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 8:59:12

Mike_Kinny

quote:

I was trying to stir the interest of Spain's Ministry of Culture in our ForoFlamenco, particularly in view of the interesting challenges this diverse and international community is entertaining. After all, we further interest in one of Spain's greatest cultural treasures, don't we?

Ah ok.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 9:54:00

Ron.M

quote:

quote:

Please....

Hi gj,

I appreciate what you are saying, but really you would have to appeal to the members themselves to delete their own posts.

I'm not too comfortable with and don't have the authority for deleting other member's posts "en masse" in order to "clean up the Forum for inspection", although I see your point here.

I would have to refer such a decision up to Simon.

Anyway, I'd reckon in less than a week, all these posts will have gone further down the list and into the great ForoFlamenco Dustbin of Time.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 10:31:43

Escribano

quote:

I am inclined to disagree as his recent web site analysis suggests to me that he is trying to promote the rank of his own web site on this one, regardless of context. A form of spamming. It doesn't work though, as backlinks have to come from different web sites to weigh search engine algorithms. If anything it adds equal value to all the other web sites mentioned.

I will sit with Ron's decision for a while then confer with him down the line.

Please do not reply to this post. PM me if you have strong feelings about it.

Foro Flamenco founder and Admin
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 10:38:52

joseglez

No soporto más a este tío .
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 19 2009 18:30:19
Page:   <<   <   1 2 3 [4] 5    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   1 2 3 [4] 5    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages