Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

test   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Doitsujin

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Jun. 15 2009 11:31:52
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 11:13:09

Ron.M

RE: my reply................. (in reply to Guest

Gosh Ruben,

You are a really fine guitarist and all that....but don't you think it might be a good idea to take a holiday somewhere nice and chill out a bit?
This level of intensity cannot be good for anyone IMO.

As far as Jason Mac asking for a small fee for giving lessons....well that's what all musicians have done since time began for Heaven's sake!
What's wrong with that?

I take it YOU are paid a salary for doing your job?

The fact that your salary will be paid, along with pension rights and unfair dismissal rights, REGARDLESS of your performance may be comfortable, but hardly gives you the right to sneer down on other honest working musicians trading their wares in a free and competetive market surely?

I cannot understand where you are coming from Ruben...really!

Most musicians I have met from the extremely good amateur to the top professional have always had about them, a certain degree of pride and security in their accomplishment, but also a great deal of humility too.

I simply cannot see how you can enjoy your Art or enjoy participating with others with the attitude you have displayed on this Forum.

I CAN see you as an isolated 9 till 5 teacher, alone in a Classroom with your name on the door with the titles and impressing folk who have no knowledge of Flamenco whatsoever, but not really as somebody having a good time participating at a juerga in Jerez ....

Sorry if this sounds rough on you amigo, but it's only my thoughts based on your recent posts.

I am truly puzzled and rather disappointed.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 11:24:39

Doitsujin

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Jun. 15 2009 11:28:22
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 11:26:28

Doitsujin

RE: test (in reply to Doitsujin

I just deleted my post because they were counterproductive I think.

Please go ahead.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 11:32:58

Ron.M

RE: my reply................. (in reply to Ron.M

Ruben,

Can I also ask?

How come if God has laid a finger upon your brow and you have kissed the hand of Segovia and have touched the hem of the cloak of Paco.....

How come I've never heard of you?

How come you are not an important figure in the Flamenco circles of Andalucia?

How come you are working as a classroom teacher in Toronto, Canada?

I'm sure that in your close friendship with Paco over the years, you must have at least few photographs that you could perhaps share with us.

We'd all be interested.

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 11:56:23

Andy Culpepper

quote:

Most musicians I have met from the extremely good amateur to the top professional have always had about them, a certain degree of pride and security in their accomplishment, but also a great deal of humility too.

If not humility, can we at least start with a sense of humor? Even Hemingway had one.

My opinion about Rube is starting to change too, unfortunately.

I think his idea with this forum was not so much to share ideas with us but to get us all in lock-step chanting "all hail Paco, all hail Ruben"

To Ruben:
This is not YOUR thread buddy. This is a public forum. Anyone can say anything they want to, unless (if I understand the rules correctly) they beligerantly degrade and harass other members in a totally unproductive manner

Andy Culpepper, luthier
http://www.andyculpepper.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 12:04:14

Andy Culpepper

quote:

I'm sure that in your close friendship with Paco over the years, you must have at least few photographs that you could perhaps share with us.

Ron if you go to his website you'll see that he's managed to insinuate himself with all manner of fine musicians.
I understand that he has dedicated his life to studying and teaching ( and taking out Paco's garbage....jk), there are many great unknown players. I'm just saying if I had to choose between Jason and Ruben as teachers...

Andy Culpepper, luthier
http://www.andyculpepper.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 12:17:18

[Deleted] (in reply to Ron.M

[Deleted by Admins]

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 12:17:29

Ron.M

RE: Respected Ron: (in reply to Guest

Well.... Respected Ruben,

And I can only say Respected, for I have a great respect for your guitar playing.

I just cannot fathom your attitude.

Well Ruben, old chap, if you are to be the next guitar genius to hit the Flamenco world in the months to come, then at least I can humbly say that I have had an opportunity to speak to you on line.

(And perhaps include that in my own CV... )

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 12:29:15

Arash

RE: my reply................. (in reply to Andy Culpepper

quote:

ORIGINAL: deteresa1

I'm just saying if I had to choose between Jason and Ruben as teachers...

I would probably take guitar lessons from both........but after the lessons, i would definately have my beer or two beers with Jason only

Anyway, this thread is getting ugly.

As ruben said, we probably can't "change" him or his views, so i guess i will just download his videos and ask technical questions ONLY....but no more "Small talk" ..... i guess thats what he wants....accepted

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 13:54:35

Ricardo

quote:

99% of Pacos partitures or printed transcriptions of his works, are NOT BONAFIDE,nither are accurately written ,nor he has ever participated on ANY of them,or on this projects ,neither these explain in detail how his works should be played,as you said, ,nor actually he has ever being willing to render public any of these materials,therefore those are just business that some people are doing mainly to cheat foreigners like you etc,in the name of Paco,and because he is far beyond this things, and really does not care about it ,he just ignore all of this issue, as I also ignore it,that’s all.I will also ask you kindly to stop speaking on my threads

Poor J.M. Cañizares, if only he had your level of understanding PDL's music!
Sorry to interupt YOUR thread.

(Sorry to other members, can't help myself times... )

mr ricardo

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 14:20:18

at_leo_87

i just got more drama than if i would watching a soap opera.

at least his methods don't involve eating any mushrooms.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 14:26:32

Estevan

RE: my reply................. (in reply to Ricardo

quote:

Sorry to other members, can't help myself times...

You're excused.

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 14:37:11

itoprover

RE: test (in reply to at_leo_87

OMG, you're right this thread is probably as "soapy" as all JM threads and even as last year's "Captain Bob" thing. I think there was a thread on Paco de Lucia foro long time ago (2005 I guess?) in which AFAIK Juan Estrada sort of shared his opinion on the subject of Paco teaching anybody. Or maybe it is just my memory failing.. Perhaps it is time to close the thread, no?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 15:05:48

Estevan

RE: test (in reply to itoprover

quote:

I think there was a thread on Paco de Lucia foro long time ago (2005 I guess?) in which AFAIK Juan Estrada sort of shared his opinion on the subject of Paco teaching anybody.

Do you mean the one where he said
"PACO NUNCA HA SIDO PROFESOR DE NADIE" - ?

['Paco has never been anyone's teacher']

I wonder if that's bona fide information...

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 15:27:00

chapman_g

RE: test (in reply to Estevan

Come on guys. I found it. Below is a link to a youtube video of Paco with Ruben D. He is on the far right. He is there performing with Paco. Yes Paco and Mr. Ruben D.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 15:55:04

Felix de Lola

Hello, how are you?
You display a lack of good manners and education with what you have written in this forum about Jason McGuire, I would like to tell you he is an incredible guitarist, musician and person. He has worked with many great Spanish artists in flamenco, something I believe you have not.

Another thing, what do you gain by lying to people? I am from Spain and have worked in Madrid and know alot of people....just by hearing you speak Spanish I say you are from Latin America, so please don't claim to be from Madrid.

Well I hope you are well, and I hope 'que se te bajen los humos", which you would understand if you are from Madrid. And you should not speak to your students with such guasa and with such an attitude, it really is quite ugly.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 15:59:51

Ricardo

RE: test (in reply to chapman_g

quote:

ORIGINAL: chapman_g

Come on guys. I found it. Below is a link to a youtube video of Paco with Ruben D. He is on the far right. He is there performing with Paco. Yes Paco and Mr. Ruben D.

Nice try, but it is spelled RubeM...D.....

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 16:16:08

Ricardo

RE: my reply................. (in reply to Felix de Lola

Hola Felix!!!! K tal hermano?? Bienvenidos al foro.

Ricardo

www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 16:19:25

Matic

RE: my reply................. (in reply to Felix de Lola

Welcome to the foro, maestro!!
It's great having you here.

Hats off for 'Bien Paga' you recorded with Jason!

vengo de los san migueles
si no me caso este año que yo
me caso el año que viene
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 16:21:58

JasonMcGuire

RE: my reply................. (in reply to Matic

Felix is staying at my house these days while we record. He was quite impressed that a group of guitarists might actually be interested in a Cantaor's point of view. I do hope he decides to post more.

I think perhaps a nice future challenge idea might be to have participants give an accompaniment to a performance of Felix's. I could record him with palmas only and give everyone a link to the file. Perhaps he would participate in the judging as well.

Any ideas about what palo to do first?

http://www.Flamenco-Lessons.com/
http://www.CaminosFlamencos.com/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Bikhiyal
http://flamenco-lessons.blogspot.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 16:46:42

itoprover

RE: test (in reply to Estevan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Estevan

Do you mean the one where he said
"PACO NUNCA HA SIDO PROFESOR DE NADIE" - ?

I wonder if that's bona fide information...

Hey Estevan,

I am not really willing to elaborate on all this and take sides. I am just saying that the this whole shebang kind of rings some bells for me. I respect the amount of time and work Ruben has put in order to get to the level where he is at but I don't understand neglecting common sense social rules. That's all.

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 16:48:54

Florian

RE: my reply................. (in reply to JasonMcGuire

quote:

Felix is staying at my house these days while we record. He was quite impressed that a group of guitarists might actually be interested in a Cantaor's point of view. I do hope he decides to post more.

I think perhaps a nice future challenge idea might be to have participants give an accompaniment to a performance of Felix's. I could record him with palmas only and give everyone a link to the file. Perhaps he would participate in the judging as well.

Any ideas about what palo to do first?

BRILLIANT IDEA!!

that would take challenges to another level !we are desperate for some singers interaction here

i would be honoured if Felix gave his input ...would be very welcome and appreciated...unlike...well .. ..

I think bulerias, alegrias, solea por bulerias etc.. would be a nice start

Now this is exciting !!

Jason !! if Felix is at your house dont feed him , dont let him leave until he records every palo for about 5 years worth of challenges u know how hard it is to get a singer !! dont let him leave

only kidding Felix ..but it really is an exciting prospect for us...always dreamed of a challenge like that here but we had no singers before

well something positive came out of this thread afterall...the prospect of something like this happening here just made my day and you Jason and Felix my heros

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 16:50:39

ToddK

I have a sneaking suspicion there are some guys in white suits looking
for Ruben.

"Has anybody seen a little spanish guy, with a guitar, babbling about
Paco de Lucia"??
He began cheeking his medications, and has gone awol.
Call us if you see this man, he is unarmed and dangerous.

Its pretty rare to meet somebody who speaks with a thick spanish accent,
yet doesnt speak spanish well, AND doesnt speak english well either.
Again, maybe this is a lack of medication.
TK

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 17:00:45

gj Michelob

RE: test (in reply to ToddK

If I may add a few thoughts to these degenerating subjects, I respectfully submit that I really dislike this Ruben self-appointed “doctor of the forum”.

His oversized spectacles add creepily to a most unfriendly facial expression. His endlessly inconsequential writings are contemptibly spiced by laundry-lady-like thrills he seems to perversely derive from insulting real musicians when not invoking his unlikely acquaintances with the stars.

He frightens me....

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 18:06:13

Florian

RE: test (in reply to gj Michelob

Professor Ruben needs his own forum ...where he can post threads telling it "like it is" and theres no "replie to post buttons"....where u get banned for even thinking about looking for the replie button

"- Please no replie to my thread !! ...its my thread...my ideas.. my thread "

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 18:14:10

gj Michelob

RE: test (in reply to Florian

quote:

Professor Ruben needs his own forum ...where he can post threads telling it "like it is"

Should we use the remaining foro's funds to establish such a Forum for the unfrendly know-it-all...?

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 18:30:32

Florian

RE: test (in reply to gj Michelob

il pay 5 bucs to make the ugly, unfriendly, disrespectfull vibes go away...if the guy thinks he can come here and disrespect members that have done so much for this forum and contribuited and are acctualy mates of mine and yours just cause he can play hes dreaming..this is our house...if he thinks the path to respect here is by putting other members down he might as well walk cause by comparasement his skill means nothing next to his ego and the ugly chip he carries on his shoulder...and thats saying something

there are too many far better far nicer and humble players then him out there to allow for this kind of display of bad excuse for a personality..

and ruben i know youd like to think you are original but the only thing original about you is your ego...u just dont see anyone like you anymore this days

thats it , i said what i had to say...sorry to everyone else..but everynow and then i get tired of always us having to be the ones that look the other way or the ones that have to be the bigger persons in the name of peace...when its him that is wrong

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 18:33:39

Jaquarda

Hello fellow Flamencos!

I've been lurking here for several years. I've always enjoyed reading the interesting posts, but have always been too lazy to get really involved except for a few posts here and there. Recently, I couldn't resist chiming in on this thread, and now I'm into it, and having fun. No more lurking...I've seen the light!

Best Regards,

José María Roldán, III
www.thespiritofflamenco.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 18:39:03

Florian

RE: test (in reply to Jaquarda

hello Jaquarda welcome amigo

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Jun. 15 2009 18:44:16
Page:   <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>General >> Page: <<   <   2 3 [4] 5 6    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages