Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

LESTER DEVOE 1995 - BRAZILIAN PACO MODEL SPECIAL NEGRA $13,500   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

CesarLebel

LESTER DEVOE 1995 - BRAZILIAN PACO ... 

PRO PLAYED AND CHOSEN 1995 - PACO MODEL SPECIAL BRAZILIAN MODEL NEGRA

CONSIDER TRADE ! $13,500

E-MAIL CESAR FOR MORE PICTURES - cesarlebel@gmail.com

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)

Cesar Lebel
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 14 2009 18:36:48

SantiagoFlamenco

RE: LESTER DEVOE 1995 - BRAZILIAN P... (in reply to CesarLebel

Too expensive IMO for a Devoe. They are good guitars but ones I played are not strong enough for flamenco playing. just my opinion.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 15 2009 9:49:39

CesarLebel

RE: LESTER DEVOE 1995 - BRAZILIAN P... (in reply to SantiagoFlamenco

Worth every penny , takes a licking and keeps on ticking LOL!

Cesar Lebel
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 17 2009 19:46:25

XXX

I also have some questiones. What is the benefit of a "pro-played" guitar? And how can u be sure that it was played? Whats Paco model?

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 2:52:04

minordjango

quote:

)

its a hot price !!! well how it differ than the regular devoe , i.e 6000$ ones ??? i have noted a lot of folk use those, and thay seem great , i also wonder how much better they are than my old conde ?? yet my conde is an ef4 ?? one of pedro cortes old ones , its cool , maybe uts best suited for a collector , or a rich person !!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 3:54:13

Florian

RE: LESTER DEVOE 1995 - BRAZILIAN P... (in reply to minordjango

will you accept food stamps for it ?

for 13 .000 it needs to learn to make me cafelate once a day

just kidding Cesar, its probably worth it i dont know, il take your word for it ..but you might have to give a litlle more information on who played it and who chose it and most importantly perhaps a soundclip..i cant see anyone pay 13 grand on a photo.....right now its just a photo with the back of a guitar.....its a nice back and a nice name but not 13 grand nice ...not just yet...i would love to hear what it sounds like...who knows you might even find a buyer as a result of a soundclip..

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 5:42:11

Pgh_flamenco

The price for a used Devoe on eBay is about $5,000--not $13,500. I've seen them go for $4,500 on occasion, too.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 7:11:54

Florian

RE: LESTER DEVOE 1995 - BRAZILIAN P... (in reply to Pgh_flamenco

quote:

Call Lester Devoe and ask him the value of this guitar ?
I did and he said no less than $13,500

i dont care what anybody tells me on the phone i still wanna hear it for myself and decide for myself if its worth that much to me

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 7:15:21

DonS

hey guys I actually played this guitar in question at Cesar's house last year. Great collection of guitars. I won't comment about the price but its a great DeVoe negra brazilian. I played another DeVoe brazilian that was equally as nice (or better). It was owned by my friend Eddie Lastra then Dimitri (founder of flamenco-teacher.com) bought it...that guitar was a canon and the brazilian on it was impeccable. I wonder who has it now?

Don
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 8:31:12

Patrick

quote:

hey guys I actually played this guitar in question at Cesar's house last year. Great collection of guitars. I won't comment about the price but its a great DeVoe negra brazilian. I played another DeVoe brazilian that was equally as nice (or better). It was owned by my friend Eddie Lastra then Dimitri (founder of flamenco-teacher.com) bought it...that guitar was a canon and the brazilian on it was impeccable. I wonder who has it now?

Don,

That guitar is owned by a well known collector/player in Hong Kong. I won't give his name, but a lot of members know who I am talking about. He said it indeed is a real canon. Dimitri told me the wood used in that guitar was made by the God’s themselves! The first owner supplied the wood to Lester. He thought he was going to learn flamenco on it, but gave up in a hurry and sold it to Eddie Lastra. Eddie sold it to Dimitri. When Dimitri’s hand went bad, he sold it in a cash/trade deal to our friend in Hong Kong.

When he (the collector in Hong Kong) got the Brazilian DeVoe, I bought his East Indian DeVoe, which I have sold to a guy in Japan! Man DeVoe’s get around!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 10:39:13

DonS

RE: LESTER DEVOE 1995 - BRAZILIAN P... (in reply to Patrick

Hey Pat, I know Chris K. in hong kong as well. He was selling me a DeVoe negra indian back in 05. I agree Lester's guitars do get around. I think after talking to TK he mentioned that one my ex DeVoe blancas found its way to the UK recently. I think these guitars are the real Gitanas About Eddie's braz DeVoe we actually talked the same day about it when he was in Carmel, CA buying the guitar from the client. I think Lester told Eddie to drive there and buy it cause he knew it was a special guitar. Wasn't the client's wife a wood importer from Brazil as well? I get confused anyhow yes that guitar is legendary now haha. Here is a pic that I took of Dimitri playing it the last time we hung out in San Francisco..where is Dimitri? I miss that guy.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 14:23:45

minordjango

devoe guitars at 4500 to 6,000 seem almost possible in the future!!!
13,500 wish i had that cash to splash sure its a beauty!!!!

The guy in Hong Hong!!! does any one knows his Email ?? ive been in asia 4 years i aint maeet anyone who plays flamenco i will go to hong kong in 3 weeks maybe i can check the guitars and get a lesson or 2 ? any details, i speak chinese so we can get coomunicate.

Florian my girlfriend has cute back and sides, and can make coffe in the morning shes yours for an even trade for a devoe , strong bass (Bad temper) singing trebles (Whining voice) think do this do that, whats this thing ?? oh its a capo !!!.

lol
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 16:58:49

Mark2

Yeah Dimitri is a cool dude. He gave me a ton of stuff without even knowing me. I guess he had transferred a lot of his stuff to DVD and wanted to make some space, so he posted that if anyone wants all this stuff come to my house at 9:00am ..........I show up and there's a line of guys.....not. Nobody. So he gives me a couple boxes of stuff, vids, cds, etc. Really generous. I hope he's well.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 17:02:53

Patrick

quote:

Hey Pat, I know Chris K. in hong kong as well. He was selling me a DeVoe negra indian back in 05. I agree Lester's guitars do get around. I think after talking to TK he mentioned that one my ex DeVoe blancas found its way to the UK recently. I think these guitars are the real Gitanas About Eddie's braz DeVoe we actually talked the same day about it when he was in Carmel, CA buying the guitar from the client. I think Lester told Eddie to drive there and buy it cause he knew it was a special guitar. Wasn't the client's wife a wood importer from Brazil as well? I get confused anyhow yes that guitar is legendary now haha. Here is a pic that I took of Dimitri playing it the last time we hung out in San Francisco..where is Dimitri? I miss that guy.

Don,

I don't remenber the whole story, but the guy that had it built supplied the wood to Lester. I think Chris paid in the range of $10,000 for that guitar and it may very well have been the best guitar Lester has built, so $13,500....I don't know.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 18:37:22

DonS

RE: LESTER DEVOE 1995 - BRAZILIAN P... (in reply to Patrick

Oh Chris has it now..man $10,000 + plus...I think Eddie paid a little less but I could be wrong. I went through my stash of old pics and found a pic of Eddie playing the Braz. I think this is the same day I bought his A26 from him 5 years ago.

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 18 2009 19:04:52

Pgh_flamenco

Bump

Here's a nice Devoe Blanca on US eBay. Starting bid is $4,700 USD and buy it now is only $5,300. (Item number: 180362658672)

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLAMENCO-GUITAR-by-LESTER-DeVOE-1982-BLANCA_W0QQitemZ180362658672QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item29fe73c370&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 31 2009 18:13:58
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Useful Stuff >>Classifieds >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post