Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

Florian

Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ? 

I sleped during the day to watch this tonight its on at 4:30 am here about 30 minutes from now anyone else watching it ?

it is live right ?

if its not please dont tell me the score

this is going to be a beauty...I put my money on Chelsea...that Manager they have Hidding performs miracles hes the best manager i have ever seen..whomever he manages always performs better then they ever had before..his specialty is getting results

Took Australia to the world cup and they performed better then they ever did
took Rusia to the European cup and they got the the finals ( if memory serves)

before that he transformed Japan or South Korea i cant remember exactly but i know that whomever he manages...WHOMEVER...could be Nicaragua..is a treat to any team..i have never seen one guy make such a difference in a team performance before

hes a genius

so my Sore prediction

Edit

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 28 2009 10:26:48

Florian

RE: Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ? (in reply to Florian

See ..i told you... 0 - 0 anyone want the lotto numbers for next week ?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 28 2009 13:56:17

Pimientito

How much did you lose Flo?

Follow my blog http://pimientito.wordpress.com/

"Ceremonial" by Mark Shurey "Pimientito". CD and digital download vailable on Amazon and
CDbaby. http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/markshurey
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 0:24:11

Florian

RE: Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ? (in reply to Pimientito

quote:

How much did you lose Flo?

I lost Bobby lol

it wasent far from what i predicted.. i predicted that Hidding will get his score...

I predicted Chelsea 1 Barca 0

lets face it a 0-0 away to Barcelona is like a victory...might as well be 1 - 0 with the second leg in England next

what did you think of the game ?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 4:14:22

Estevan

Barcelona players rage at negative, 'unfair' Chelsea

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 5:33:52

Florian

RE: Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ? (in reply to Estevan

well sure they need some kind of excuses for the board and fans...some explonation...but i watched the game , its bull*hit ...yes there was some bad referiing and Ballack should have been sent off but so should have Puyol..so if there were bad decisions they were across the board and against them equally

yes they were phisical the english but that is the english play, they knew this, i saw a million pres releases where the barca players were saying they know that it will be a phisical match and are prepared for it but that they are superior in their technical abilities and that la liga is superior technically to the premiere ligue and will overcome the english....

i watched the game, the english locked em down perfectly, and Barca played with 3 Strikers !! (3 of the best strikers in the world all in the same team !!)..Messi wasent allowed to do anything..I told you Hidding is brilliant, knows what he needs , how to get it , and gets it....its no secret English play the long ball up front alot ..but hey it works fir them..Spanish can sitt there and brag all day about how they build up from the back and they are superior passers etc...but it means jack s*it if they dont score

honestly i am a neutural specator...there was faults on both sides, they were both phisical, bad decisions against both...at the end of the day Barca couldnt beat em..no excuses

it always seems so unfair and so big to the team who dont get the result they expected, but from neutural view..it wasent that unfair..as i said there were mistakes there always are without the video referee, but not that bad and not just against Barca..

and they crying that Chelsea didnt wanna play ? give me a brake, they were the away team, they dont have to play..they have to try and survive so that they can play at home..surely Brca arew familliar with this tactic, its nothing new... u have to be an idiot to go to barcelona and start attacking unconciously and leaving your defence open to Henry, Messi, and Eto lol

Barca might as well cry that Chelsea didnt let them win

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 5:41:34

Estevan

quote:

Barca might as well cry that Chelsea didnt let them win

Isn't that what they're doing?

Thanks for the commentary, Flo.

Me da igual. La música es música.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 8:38:58

XXX

I hope Barca wins the cup, they play great football and deserve it!
I couldnt see th match though... german (free) tv didnt broadcast it

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 9:29:42

El Camino

I didnt care who won , my only concern is that my team Everton beat

Chelsea in the cup final

And if you know your history its enough to make your heart gooooooooooooooooooooo

old Everton song .

come on you blue boys
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 10:30:45

Stu

quote:

Hidding performs miracles hes the best manager i have ever seen

youve never seen david moyes then!!!!

EDIT: just seen your post ElCamino!!!

Im an everton fan too!!! Ole!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 11:36:32

Florian

RE: Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ? (in reply to XXX

quote:

I hope Barca wins the cup, they play great football and deserve it!

excelent point..if they deserve it than they should win lol if if they dont then they dont deserve it...regardless of how great they played

thats terrible how can germany not show this...dont they have some teams still in the running too ?

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 29 2009 15:37:03

El Camino

Nice one Stu , we are going to do it .

The players have been brilliant all season.

After all the injurys we have had we just get on with it go out there and give it

everything .

What happend on saturday to Jags was crule im gutted for him

Wembley will be full of everton fans i can see thousands going without tickets

knowbody is going to miss this one , 25 thousand tickets is a disgrace the

touts are going to make a fortune .
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2009 12:30:06

Stu

RE: Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ? (in reply to El Camino

quote:

What happened on saturday to Jags was crule im gutted for him

I agree! he's been phenomonal all season and to end it like this is just rotten!

U going to Wembley?

I'd love to, but barring a miracle, I'll be cheering them on from my armchair!

ps. I'm no Sun reader but a friend sent me this!
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2390319.ece

rather amusing, I hope she doesn't do our fa cup song !Although Fellaini is a real favourite of mine, Atomic Kitten arent!!!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Apr. 30 2009 16:21:54

DonS

I'm a Sevilla and Fulham fan but I think Barcelona will win this one 2nd leg. Too much speed and offense.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 1 2009 9:20:23

Florian

RE: Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ? (in reply to DonS

quote:

I'm a Sevilla and Fulham fan but I think Barcelona will win this one 2nd leg. Too much speed and offense.

well i wont rule against that, its football anything can happen...did you see the first leg ? the speed and offense amounted to nothing at the final wistle at home.. they will need to find something extra ...also i think 2 of their star defenders will not be able to take part because of suspension

whatever happens it will be an all out war in england i cant wait to see it

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 2 2009 7:36:08

Florian

RE: Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ... (in reply to Florian

a couple of hours away from kick off...anyone wanna take a chances with any score predictions ?

I say Chelsea is getting to the next stage

1-0

or 2- 1

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 5 2009 9:50:37

XXX

7-0

(2 own goals by chelsea of course)

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 5 2009 10:03:35

Florian

WOW what a game !! what drama thats why i love football, the absolute unexpected always happens..

who watched it ? any thoughts ?

I was wrong in my prediction, i didnt think Baca can do it...they almost nearly didnt...but it does make for a more exciting final..Man U and Barca are more evenly matched in stars and skill so the game will be more attractive to wach..i cant really see any of them standing back

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2009 12:54:50

XXX

OMG did that just happen?
Referee let them play 97 mins!
My favorite team passed, but they were horribly lucky. According to my theory, they didnt deserve it at all But who cares, they passed! Yeehaw

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2009 13:52:24

Florian

quote:

Referee let them play 97 mins!

was it 97..hm didnt pay attention ..but they scored in the 93rd

Incredible lucky goals both of them..they shot and hoped ..both very spectacular thow..

quote:

My favorite team passed, but they were horribly lucky. According to my theory, they didnt deserve it at all But who cares, they passed! Yeehaw

ahh u are beeing a litlle hard on them Chelsea was making it very very hard for them to play their game..tonight they deserved it more than Chelsea ..IMO

they werent playing like a team that deserves to be in the final..first leg fair enough u play cautious cause youre in Nucamp but at home i expected them to chase it more not play with one striker..

Barcelona was playing away ..without Henry, and 2 of the first team defenders and still they came out chasing the game..even thow i would have liked to see Chealsea go though after the game i knew they didnt truly deserve it...the final wouldnt have been as good as its going to be..they would have played the same way..cautious

Chelsea needs some more fire power up front imo...arent they the new richest club or something ? they need a messy, a ronaldo a torres, Droba is ok but he needs a second striker to help him..

thank god Barca won or you would have never heard the end of their complaining how unfair the referee was...lol now its Chelseas turn

I love beeing neutural ..if it was my team or my country i would be a mess atm..but this way i can enjoy the good football

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 6 2009 14:58:50

Stu

quote:

who watched it ? any thoughts ?

I watched it!

Me and my house mate have never cheered so loud when Iniesta scored for Barca!! I often try to support English teams in Europe but not Chelsea! Chelsea were cynical over both legs and didnt deserve to get to the final. Drogba is a massive pussy!! ok so they probably shouldve had a penalty or 2 but F$%k them, thats football. they shouldve attacked and made sure they scored and went through for sure, but they didnt cos they arent good enough despite all the billions they have!

Ballack was a disgrace when he almost slapped the ref, and did you see drogba at the end, screaming ta the ref then saying "its a ****ing disgrace" to the camera...he in trouble man!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2009 3:43:03

Florian

quote:

Me and my house mate have never cheered so loud when Iniesta scored for Barca!! I often try to support English teams in Europe but not Chelsea! Chelsea were cynical over both legs and didnt deserve to get to the final. Drogba is a massive pussy!! ok so they probably shouldve had a penalty or 2 but F$%k them, thats football. they shouldve attacked and made sure they scored and went through for sure, but they didnt cos they arent good enough despite all the billions they have!

my thoughts exactly, i would have like to have seen Hidding do well, i have a soft spot since he coached austrlia in the world cup...but Chelsea didnt play like a team that deserved to be in the final..

Barcelona worked their arse off to get that goal the whole game and it was encouraging that it is possible...gives u hope everytime your team is down and the clock is runing out..u always forghet ..but its nice to be reminded of how everything can turn in a sec..

id be courious to hear what the media is saying about the events and what happens to Droba and Ballack ..

what newspaper should I check for online ?

the Chelsea team are getting kind of old...i bet everything it will be a different looking team next season

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2009 7:17:42

DonS

LOL "speed kills" just kidding man it was a great game but I thought that goal by Essien was just luck..Barca played a great defensive game especially after they were done with 10 men. Chelsea did pressure Barca the whole game but Barca kept on coming. Sort of like my prediction of the boxing match last Sat Pacquiao vs Hatton...speed kills pure demination by Pacman. There were some questionable calls by the ref but in the end but goals are what count.

I think with Henry back they will have a different game plan vs ManU. I think Barca will win by 1 to take it. I think whoever shows up with the best defense will win.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2009 11:58:52

El Camino

Spot on stu , im so happy barca won , who do the chelski players think they are

they are like spoilt children who dont get there own way .

Drogba limped off with 25 mins to go like a baby , and there he is giving it loads

at the end

he just wanted to try and make up for sitters he missed in both games

Roll on the 30th may
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2009 14:09:40

Stu

flo maybe check these out

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8037118.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8038326.stm

and looks like theres a few opinions here too

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/championsleague
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2009 22:47:29

Florian

RE: Barcelona - Chelsea predictions ? (in reply to Stu

thanks mate..interesting read

I got to say i do feel a litlle simpathy for the chelsea players there were some poor refering decisions and ofcourse since they are not going on to the final it affects them the most..

i dont think it was a contreversy but they feel it the most cause of circumstances...brings me to the same question i been asking for about 10 years

why ? why do we even put ourselfs in this position ? the biggest, most passionate game in the world where everything relies on every single litlle referee decision..

why do let one guy carry all the blame and allow people to feel like they been cheated when we could use a video referee ? we have every single angle filmed ..allready setup..noone would dispute it if u had 5 replays from 5 diff angles and then referee has the power to make or change his decision..

I am tired of hearing ...thats footbal, its part of it...no thats not football, football is what goes on on the pitch before the wistles.. thats the human error that it was allowed to go on because our technology wasent then what it is now..

if they gonna sitt around and allow silly romanticism of "its part of the game" why even have a referee if you not interested on the absolute fairset decision ?
is it just for show ? because if you were interested in the absolute fairest decision posible you would do everything possible to provide that enviorement

they cannot see every angle, close up, slow motion and in replay no matter how good they are..

its another example of european old stubborn thinking that is getting in the way of better and fairer results

is good enough for many other sports its not good enough for us

its fustrating, wel be here 10 years from now asking the same question after 20000 more teams miss out on finals, medals , etc..whatever because they keep saying " its part of the game"

btw..i am not saying chelsea was ripped off, I am a complete neutural.. i still think Barca deserved more to be in the final..but there was some questionable refering, and this is a semifinal of the biggest club competition..if u lose u dont want it to be on questionable refering..if uefa are looking for someone to blame for the players behaviours after the game they should look in the mirror, emotion, pasion is normal human behaviour..the bigger the stakes the higher the stres, passion

u ask people to be ambitious and driven and pasionate, give it everything to get there but then u expect them to just turn in 3 seconds when they feel like they have been wronged..it takes a year of super hard work and training and planing and injuries to get to the semifinals...it is their lifes, its not just a game..its their contracts, oportunities, pay, future..

expecially since their faith changed so dramatically in the last seconds of the game..imagine...one second u going to the final ...next you are out...that would run your emotions high enough on its own now add questionable referiing makes it ..mulitiplie that by 10...ref is lucky he didnt get hitt or touched

we ask this man to be our supper heros, emotional machines against stress pressure, never give up, always deliver.. but we forghet that at the end of the day they are no different to us emotionaly

Uefa sets up all this kind of behaviour every time they stubborn up againt technology helping us make better decisions

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date May 7 2009 23:14:21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post