Foro Flamenco

Posts Since Last Visit | Advanced Search | Home | Register | Login

Today's Posts | Inbox | Profile | Our Rules | Contact Admin | Log Out

Welcome to one of the most active flamenco sites on the Internet. Guests can read most posts but if you want to participate click here to register.

This site is dedicated to the memory of Paco de Lucía, Ron Mitchell, Guy Williams, Linda Elvira, Philip John Lee, Craig Eros, Ben Woods, David Serva and Tom Blackshear who went ahead of us.

We receive 12,200 visitors a month from 200 countries and 1.7 million page impressions a year. To advertise on this site please contact us.

How old am I here on the foro?   You are logged in as Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1] 2 3    >   >>
Login
Message<< Newer Topic  Older Topic >>

gato

How old am I here on the foro? 

So, I'm pushing 47 rather quickly, and it would be interesting to know how old people are here on the foro. So maybe your reflections on age and maturity would make an interesting thread. Does that play a large role in how we get along here? What are your attitudes? Do they really fit your age? Etc.

I would assume that we are all adults here, and, if you are a mature and together person I don't think that age matters all that much, although I do notice a lot of differences in the way people relate here, and so what if age is a major factor? I don't notice any talk of a generation gap, although there are styles of conversation here on the foro that could be attributed to age. And that's my take on the matter. What's yours?
Gary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 17 2009 20:13:30

Ron.M

RE: How old am I here on the foro? (in reply to gato

Hi Gato,

Well I'm 59 now.

Although I have no ambition to play fantastic and impressive Flamenco guitar, I enjoy tinkering around with the odd falseta or bit of technique.
I really like the SOUND of the Flamenco guitar, whether it's brilliant or just basic stuff.
In order to fully appreciate a great player, you've got to be able to play the instrument a bit yourself IMO.

But I can't be bothered torturing myself with hours of scales etc etc, although I have much admiration and respect for the ones who do.
However, I'm a bit of a nitpicker, so the little bits of simple stuff I work on, I like to get right or it annoys me.

I enjoy the Forum and especially talking with people from all over the world from completely different cultural backgrounds who have the same interest in this music, since a lot of us are pretty isolated as far as a local Flamenco scene goes.

I also like the various characters and personalities here!

cheers,

Ron
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 1:20:07

val

[Deleted] 

Post has been moved to the Recycle Bin at Nov. 8 2010 13:27:55
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 2:26:27

gshaviv

I will have my 42 this coming June. I'm not a professional musician, rather a serious hobbyist. Playing Keeps me feeling young.

Started working last year with a flamenco school where I play for 15 year old dancers. Other than the fun of playing for dancers it's nice to be with little kids like that, see their childish view of the world.

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 2:57:20

Anders Eliasson

Wel Gato, I´m going to be 47 myself within 1 1/2 month.

I know I´ll never be a great player, but maybe I can be a more or less good player. I´ve played flamenco for 7 years now and I still have a lot to learn.
Thats good. Imagine having reached the end, like when you´ve finished a good book.
Right now, I´m really strugling to learn how to accompany and in that, even on a relatively basic level, I think I have for the rest of my life. All the variation in Solea, Malagueñas, fandangos that you have to learn..... One thing is to learn all the palos.. but then.... all the variations. Better not think about it.

Blog: http://news-from-the-workshop.blogspot.com/
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 2:58:33

Ailsa

I didn't think you'd get many replies to this - about a year ago there was a thread asking people to upload a pic of themselves and there was a general reluctance to share! I think there are one or two 17-18 year olds on the foro.

I will be 53 in two weeks, and will be spending my birthday in Granada, and meeting up with Foro members Kate and Pimientito.

I started to learn flamenco dance when I was 49. That was the first time I had heard flamenco guitar and decided to have a go, having never learnt guitar in my life. I finally got my guitar and went on a course when I was 51. Well that's ridiculously old to start learning an instrument I suppose, but it will give me an interest when I retire!

I do practise technique exercises every day, because I think otherwise I will never get even the simple stuff to sound right. Because I started so late I have no desire to ever play stuff by Paco or Tomatito. I'll never be in the advanced challenge! My ambition is to play good flamenco - not complex or clever falsetas - just the basics well played.

http://www.flamencojourney.com
http://www.myspace.com/flamencojourney
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 4:20:10

gshaviv

RE: How old am I here on the foro? (in reply to Ailsa

quote:

I will be 53 in two weeks, and will be spending my birthday in Granada, and meeting up with Foro members Kate and Pimientito

That's nice. The gift I got for my 40th birthday from my wife was two weeks in Granada. Those were two of the most fun weeks I had!

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 5:18:21

Jan Willem

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 7:35:12

Ricardo

I am 34. When I was a teenager, about 15-17, i was a very serious kid, introverted, and then events at that time (father's death and other things) sort of made me grow up too fast I think, but remained very introverted. I had a hot girlfriend that invited me over to the parents house, they were not home....but I said "not now, I need to practice this new thing on guitar...".

I would have talked on the forum the same then as now, i mean about music and guitar not flamenco. And I try to be serious when I write on here on purpose....but as of late I have been doing some crazy things. Grow long hair, drink, party every other night, very extroverted in public, etc...remembering some feelings when I was a kid that I missed out on, or never got to express. My wife has noticed my "immature behavior" as of late that I think I must have stored up, and i would agree. When i was a kid, I never showed emotions, especially deep ones, but this year I was crying on the airplane at a stupid movie...twice....but oddly I was not embarrassed at all. I cry at like every freakin movie my kid watches now....

Perhaps it was having a kid that changed me I don't know, but I got another one on the way!

Anyway, that's that. So I try to be serious and helpful on here, but some folks that know me in person know i just want to go crazy all night long....everynight....just to warn some folks that think I am some super mature professional or something.

CD's and transcriptions available here:
www.ricardomarlow.com
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 7:36:58

Arash

I am 34 too.

But i think i am still a kid somehow and act like a Kid in many situations mentally and behaviour , where i should act more adultly.
Sometimes it is good (keeps you young) ..... and sometimes it is really bad !!

I had a hot girlfriend too , but unfortunately i couldnt resist and went over to her instead of practicing,
so now people like Ricardo are Masters and i am still practicing LOL

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 8:03:15

mrMagenta

quote:

I have no ambition to play fantastic and impressive Flamenco guitar

Ron, I don't think you'll ever run the risk of getting a big head, so I think it's safe to let you know you're a skilled guitarist. :D
From the clips I've heard I can tell that you have a lot of musical sense. I believe this comes from knowing and focusing on what's meaningful and essential in the music. That's impressive.

I picked up flamenco after being totally burned out on developing computer games and spending virtually all my time/life in front of a computer screen. Playing the guitar has helped me to pick myself up.

I'm 28 next month and I've been learning flamenco for 3 years now. I want to become a decent musician and I practice every day, trying to improve my playing best I know (not always very effectively). I do want to impress with my playing, eventually. Not by technical wizardry, but to connect to a listener through the music. So far, the best I've achieved is to make my dad fall asleep..
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 8:10:13

kozz

I am 35 and got involved with flamenco when I was 35.

The only thing about flamenco I knew was Paco de Lucia, and therefore I never listened to flamenco...although now I know his earlier recordings which I like very much.
The moment I heard La Paquera I was involved...the other day bought a guitar and 2 months later suffering from a hernia....bad posture...now being back on track again for a week or 5

My background in music has always been electronic, so I know my 4/4 compas, but since the electronic scene got very much the same I sold all my synthesizers and started listening to worldmusic.

Luckely I got involved with flamenco because it is so passionate and pure, and that's what it needs to be for me.
I don't want to be mr.Ferrari on the guitar, doin scales at 350mph doesn't get me moved, to me it's all about emotion.

I can say I am really a beginner, that's why I haven't posted a youtube video yet, but I am working hard to get the basics...and hopefully one day....

As a chemist in R&D it's nice to get your head clear once in a while, and flamenco does it
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 8:27:31

gshaviv

RE: How old am I here on the foro? (in reply to Ricardo

quote:

I had a hot girlfriend

I had a hot girlfriend too... I married her ;)

I used to play classical guitar. Started when I was 10 and played till I was 25. I was at college studying Aerospace engineering and playing classical guitar just didn't fit with the schedule of an engineering student. So I quit the guitar. If there is any decision I made in life which I regret it's that.

When I was 34, I was in a party. One of the guys brought a guitar which I grabbed and started to play what I could remember after not playing for 10 years (guess it was the romanca piece and for some odd reason Villa Lobos prelude 5 stuck with me). That got my fingers tingling again and eager to play. I bought a classical guitar and a few books of sheet music, among them some flamenco as I always loved that music. A year after I found myself playing only flamenco. I bought a flamenco guitar and a bit later sold the classical one. When I was 40, my sweet wife (my ex-hot girlfriend) gave me two weeks in Granada for my birthday.

Guy
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 12:17:28

srshea

I’m closing in on 37, myself. It kinda feels like a “boring” age too me, stuck between milestones, and over the past year, whenever I’ve been asked how old I am, I’ve actually had to think for a second and add it up in my head, never quite remembering if I’m 36 or 37 (“Let’s see, I know it starts with an “S”…).

Regarding the diversity of the membership here and the varying approaches to communication that culture/language/age can sometimes bring into play: I think it’s all to the good to know where people are coming from, literally and figuratively. So I really enjoy learning a lot of these “personal” details. It’s also just plain interesting to me.

Overall thoughts/attitudes about age/aging: I’m into it. Aging, that is. Childhood was a drag; teens and twenties weren’t much of an improvement. I just find myself becoming a lot more balanced, relaxed and generally well adjusted as I get older. Whenever I encounter old friends that I haven’t seen in a long time things generally fall into two categories. There are the people with whom I only end up having those “Hey, remember the old days” interactions, and with whom I don’t really have anything new to talk about . This tends to be really boring and often depressing. Then there the people with whom I can find a comforting shared historical connection, but still find new and interesting things to share and discuss, building on the past, seeing where we’ve gone in our lives, etc. This is always a lot more interesting/inspiring/humbling/satisfying, etc. I encounter a lot of people around my age who feel a lot of stuck-in-between ambivalence about where they are in their lives, and I always like to remind them that, on the whole, I think we’re a lot more interesting than we were when we were 21 (apologies to the whippersnappers here ) .

Age as it pertains to flamenco: I’ve heard a number of people here mention that they really wish that they could have started playing when they were kids and such. I can certainly relate to that, and I really would like to have a bit more of a head start than I do right now, but I’m actually kind of glad that I came to flamenco when I did (about two and a half years ago). I don’t know that I would have had the discipline to approach it with the seriousness, and the respect of the traditions of the form, that it requires if I had started when I was sixteen or whatever. I got a lot of catching up to do, but I really feel like I’m coming to this at the right time in my life…

Flamenco ambitions: I really want to learn to accompany. A couple of weeks ago I was working on an alegrias with a dancer, and another dancer sat down and started singing some standard stuff, “Tiri ti tran” and so forth. She’s not really a singer and it was all pretty rough and just a fooling around kind of deal. So, I was definitely not “officially” accompanying here, but it was still just the faintest hint of what it must be like to do so: trying to take in both the dancing and the singing, following the melody of the singing and changing the chords in relation to what I was hearing and anticipating in the song, instead of just playing what I’ve memorized on my own. It was all I could do to keep from leaping out of my seat and running around screaming from all the excitement, and it was an absolute lightbulb-moment for me: “Aaahhh. THIS is what I want to be doing!”

So, I’ve definitely got my work cut out for me. I know I don’t have any real hope of actually getting truly good at it, but I hope to someday be able to pull off some simple, basic accompaniment stuff that is dependable and works. I think I’m slowly crawling in that direction. The process thus far has been really humbling and hard, but ultimately I’m really enjoying it and it’s exactly what I want to be doing right now….

Oh, and I can relate to Ricardo's crying jags. I once cried watching an episode of Antiques Roadshow!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 12:37:15

XXX

I always wanted to make music, and i regret that i picked guitar too late at 18 (now 24). There was a TV show where guests had to guess the title of a piece that is played live. I found the guitarrist was great and i should have trusted my intuition and started with 14.

I am very ambitioned on the guitar, but that is not because of self-conciousness, but because i listened too many great albums which urge me to learn them. Its the same urge that made me started flamenco, and not something else. I think its very natural that you also want to be able to make the music you like.

I just want to make as much flamenco as i can and share it with as many people i can find. Im so crazy to learn, i think i even would practice everyday with the (current) dancer if she'd call me that often. But i like to keep up the fassade of a very busy student, too .

Фламенко
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 12:47:32

andresito

I'm 38 (people usually think I'm 4-5 years younger) and started trying to learn spanish classical guitar about 5 years ago and flamenco about 2 years ago (have sort of plateau'd since then, until the beginner's challenge). I tend to pick things up with a fever, drop them for a while, contemplate it for a while then come back more serious about it, but these days I really don't have enough time to myself to practice.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricardo
as of late I have been doing some crazy things. Grow long hair, drink, party every other night, very extroverted in public, etc...

me parece que estas volviendo gitano de verdad, Ricardo!
I remember reading PDL saying that the best thing for him was that his father behaved like a gypsy, arriving at all hours to drink and play music with his friends. So set an example for those little ones!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anders Eliasson
I´m going to be 47 myself within 1 1/2 month.

Anders, I wouldn't have thought you were that old. Now I understand the beard-growing - trying to look more mature, eh?

¡este arbol tiene duende, cabron!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 15:08:53

gato

Excellant posts! Any more would be greatly appreciated, and I think they are more at the idea of self expression and declaration of purpose, and reflection on age than how we get along here and that is super! Feel free to take this where ever you like, and have at it. I must admit that my idea was just a shot at it and thanks to you all.

I must admit that I never know how a thread is going to turn out, I just try to contribute so we can have yet another thread to discuss, and thanks for putting up with me, I try my best. I enjoy the results.

As for the guitar, that's what I should be doing right now but I just got home, and I am so tired. 46 will do that to ya!
Gary
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 16:56:23

cathulu

I am 47 to but I think/hope I can pass for a few years younger cause I ride bikes to stay fit - unless you see me right when I come off the bike and I am hobbling around like a cripple - me back sometimes act up. I don't act my age especially if I get boozed up!
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 18 2009 17:09:34

Matic

I'm 19. I guess I'm in a special time of my life when I'm really becoming aware of people my age that are way better than me in certain areas. A few years ago we were all still on the same bus, learning the same things, laughing to the same jokes and having similar problems. But we were all stepping out on different stations and never really talked about those stations much. In time we got aware of our lives off the bus. One of them has become a great painter there, the other a singer, writer, physician... It seems like everyone has developed some special skill which you haven't. And it can be quite frustrating when you ask yourself What have I done that is special? Was my life all about the bus?
I'm glad I've found flamenco, I guess it's been my 'bus station' for about 3 years now. Philosophy is my other attraction which I'm really only starting to discover but am a big aficionado.

I'm one of the youngest here on the foro but I don't think I feel any different because of that. I always preferred the company of older people, respectfully listening to their talking with my worshipping eyes from below . Well, maybe this is exactly why I feel kind of different sometimes, that I'd rather observe from the back row than feel I also have something wise enough to say.

I like the foro.

vengo de los san migueles
si no me caso este año que yo
me caso el año que viene
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 2:42:44

cneberg

quote:

I had a hot girlfriend that invited me over to the parents house, they were not home....but I said "not now, I need to practice this new thing on guitar...".

Luka
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 4:55:14

gj Michelob

I read each post twice, each so pure and poignant. Like an intimate conversation across a table of empty glasses and overflowing ashtrays left behind by those who couldn’t stay. Now silence encourages a few to exchange their stories. Like soldiers joined by a common uniform and commission, but otherwise each so diverse, from country or city, wealth and modesty, mature and aspiring to be. I really enjoyed this thread and hesitate to speak for fear of interrupting such sincere flow.

I too was born in the year of our Lord 1962, or the year of the Tiger in the more astrologically enticing lunar fashion.

Here is my life through the lyrics of a song I wrote

I still haven’t found any answers at all/
To the things which surprise me and the questions I posed/
Was destiny written in the palm of my hands?/
However I learned it is all in my hands/
And I improvise my life/ over themes I was taught/
I don’t know who’s right, who’s wrong, who’s real or a ghost/
Who’s on my side and who’s not/

I have so many heroes, and idols and saints/
A beautiful crowd to inspire constraint/
But I mend my rules to excuse my life/
Tailor new values so to fit what I like/
Since 1962/ oh I am yet to come through/
Between dreams and pains and ambitious games/
Love is the one note I sustained/

And alone in the dark I like to hear the rhythm of a song/
Singing clear and sincere like a mother’s love, for her son/
And the prayers I pledged long time ago/
Day by day are still the same/ nothing’s changed in my heart/
Only I learned to accept it’s my life/

Sun still rises over the good and the bad/
Rain still falls over the happy and the sad/
I still haven’t found the part assigned to me/
The role I should play in the great scheme of things/
‘cause everyone needs a cause/ a reason to be/
I go by what my eyes can see, my soul perceive/
And ‘fear the knife up your sleeve/

I feel like returning to the places I love/
But where I belong by birth, by way of thinking I don’t/
Each day is like reading a page I misread/
Will I ever have a chance to read it again?/
For the little it counts/ I give my word/
I don’t know if I am right or wrong, real or a ghost/
If on my head there is a reward/

And then time goes by, and in the end one feels alone/
I pour myself some wine, some thoughts in rhymes/
Faithful to my books, my roots, the things I am hooked-on-to/
The beauty of a rare moment of truth.

gj Michelob
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 7:07:46

Patrick

How old is dirt? Add five years. That's how old I am!

Actually 58
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 10:41:27

DavidT

RE: How old am I here on the foro? (in reply to Ron.M

Gary,

It's very fascinating topic...thanks for bringing it up.

I turned 60 a month ago. I have started learning flamenco about 5 years ago. I'm a slow learner but I'm kind of self motivated and self discipline so I'm still digging...

I really enjoy flamenco and plan to have it as a seriously hobby, particuar after I retire. It's nice to afford to have two great flamenco guitars with all the over-time money...

No age is a right age for learning any thing in general. There's advantage and dis-advantage of each and they compliments each others.

Dave
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 11:11:27

DonS

Ahhh the personal part of foro you guys are OLD! just kidding haha...I don't mind getting old "the older the wiser" right? I'm 25..I wish!! 35 actually but often get carded at bars.. damn pacific islander/asian part of me... its great to know the more personal things about the folks here on the foro..cheers to everyone! BTW, I started getting into flamenco about 12 yrs ago...so I guess I'm still a newbie in this art form.

Don
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 11:46:12

edguerin

Sometimes I find it hard to believe that I’ve reached age 56.

My interest in flamenco goes back to when I was about twelve. We were living in Saudi Arabia and I would hear Arab music on the radio. The melismatic, dark singing, punctuated by cries of „Allah“ greatly impressed me. Near where we lived there was a Luthier, and I fell in love with a beautiful Lute (ud) that was on display in the window. But – sensibly – my parents didn’t think it was a good idea to spend lots of money on an instrument I probably wouldn’t play very long, and without formal training, which wasn’t available.
However my interest stayed alive, and a year or so later (now in Italy) I was given my first factory-built guitar. Autodidactically, with a poor Italian book (I didn’t speak any Italian), I tried to master chord-grips and the plectrum...
Somehow I came across Manitas de Plata, and was fascinated. Without any concept of flamenco, I tried to copy the rasgueos and rhythms, especially the (Manitas style) of "Tarantas" and "Seguiriyas".
Visiting Spain, we went to a few tablaos, and I started to realize that flamenco was more complex than I had imagined.
My first guitar’s neck broke, and my dad brought me a luthier-made Guitar from Germany (meanwhile we were in Cameroun), which I still have.
1971 I had the chance of going to a recital in a small German town. A „flamenco guitar concert“ with a young guitarist was on the programme. The concert was to take place in the town’s church in the afternoon. An hour went by, and the artist hadn't shown up. Another hour passed, and after three hours most of the audience had left in frustration. About twenty people were left, when the limo finally arrived.
We were presented with abolutely fantastic toque. I had never heard anything like it (not even Sabicas, that I had a couple of recordings of, matched that).

Oh, the performer was a young guy nobody had ever heard of: Paco de Lucia, accompanied by his brother Ramon de Algeciras...

I haven’t had much formal training: a few classes with Graf-Martinez, Paco Serrano and Phillipe Donnier, that’s it. So I’ve never really gotten past the intermediate beginners or beginners intermediate level (yet?!?).

Work load, the fact that a friend with whom I played and practiced for a couple of years, moved away etc. etc. caused me to neglect playing for about ten years or so.
My Bellido hardly ever got out of it’s case.

But since about a year or so, my interest has re-awakended, and since I am now the proud owner of a crisp new Eliasson blanca, I'm back in business
(guitar story)

Unfortunately there’s absolutely no flamenco scene anywhere near where I live

Ed

El aficionado solitario
Alemania
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 13:06:35

Mark2

OK I'm gonna one up ya. When I was 21, two girls knocked on my door while I was practising for a rehearsal, said they had some wine and could they come up. I said no I was too busy. OK, truth be told they were not particularly hot, but that opportunity has never presented itself again. Oh, and since I'm 50, I doubt it ever will unless I'm paying a lot of money......

Oh and congrats on your second child Ricardo! My wife and I have a joke that when you only have one kid, you can pretend you still have a life, but after that, forget it! I'm the proud dad of two girls.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricardo

I had a hot girlfriend that invited me over to the parents house, they were not home....but I said "not now, I need to practice this new thing on guitar...".

REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 13:09:47

HemeolaMan

I'm 20, soon 21.

Been playing guitar since I was 8. Mostly played alot of rock and metal. Then I injured my hand, picked up a classical, went to college and now I'm a classical guitar/music business major.

I dont have much time for flamenco now, between being music editor of the college magazine, putting on concerts and school I have a few hours to dabble but no desire to learn right now!

I will soon be pursuing my DR. of Ethnomusicology and have much time to do flamenco then!

Never really noticed an age gap in the foro.....didn't realize that Matic and I are the youngest here.

I always stop practicing when hot girs take interest lol

[signature][/signature]
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 16:16:08

kovachian

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle, at 33 years. I'm among the least experienced of the membership here, as I just got into flamenco less than a year ago. Luckily I'm not totally new to guitars, as playing steel-string guitars for 20 years just became...I don't know, boring all of a sudden.

I live in area where the only real culture to be found is in the yogurt section at the local supermarket, so I can just forget about any flamenco lessons for the time being. When I graduate college however, I really hope I can return to where I lived in Florida, or thereabouts; I wasn't into flamenco at the time, but the area where I resided was bursting at the seams with cultures from the world over, so I know I could find something to satisfy my hunger for learning.

Don't look at me in that tone of voice.
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 19 2009 19:31:32

RobJe

I would like to claim the prize for the oldest foro member - 69 - unless there is someone out there who can beat it. This is the earliest picture I can find - 47 years ago. My left hand fingers are a bit bent and painful, but still playing.
Rob

Images are resized automatically to a maximum width of 800px

Attachment (1)
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 20 2009 1:32:07

Ailsa

This has been a great thread. In fact the Foro has had some great times recently - challenges, uploads from new people, and experienced ones.

What a fab sense of humour you guys have:

mrMagenta: So far, the best I've achieved is to make my dad fall asleep..

srshea: I once cried watching an episode of Antiques Roadshow!

kovachian: I live in area where the only real culture to be found is in the yogurt section at the local supermarket
I love that - I'm going to use that one!

gj Michelob you are so poetic!

http://www.flamencojourney.com
http://www.myspace.com/flamencojourney
  REPORT THIS POST AS INAPPROPRIATE |  Date Mar. 20 2009 1:38:25
Page:   [1] 2 3    >   >>
All Forums >>Discussions >>Off Topic >> Page: [1] 2 3    >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message